Mark Freeman Guest

Default What is an EHP Inspection...???

Hello...

I am an insurance inspector; and finally landed my dream job working as a vendor directly for an underwriter (prior to which, I was an independent working for a vendor, who made an outlandish profit on my inspections...decided to eliminate the middle man; & here I am).

They have given me a request for my first interior inspection, which they are calling an EHP. I assumed it was an Environmental Health something-or-other, but have not been able to locate any resources on the web.

Was hoping someone here could help me out & point me to some standard available form

(as was the case w/ their first request for a MSB Valuation, which I was able to research on line, finding a formula-based report form from Marshall & Swift/Boeckh)...with the EHP request, I haven't been able to find anything.

thanx,

Mark

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: What is an EHP Inspection...???

If I am not mistaken, EHP stands for Electrical & Heating (performance) Survey - EHP
    Is this for commercial property? That would be where the term comes from.

Happy you are cutting out the middleman. Recommend passing some savings onto the client and you should do well.

Best.

Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

Mark Freeman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    If I am not mistaken, EHP stands for Electrical & Heating (performance) Survey
    By God...that makes more sense than what I came up w/...have no idea why I made it more complex than it is. It's a residential inspection...just started w/ this outfit & this is the first 'interior' inspection I've had a request for.

thanx,

Mark F

I wouldn't commit to an inspection without first knowing what it was about - here is one link to some types which might be asked: Services

"Electrical & Heating Survey - EHP

This inspection requires our inspector to inspect the electrical, heating, and plumbing of the dwelling. A photo is taken of the fuse or circuit breaker box, the heating plant, and any unusual or hazardous items noted. This survey may be ordered as a stand-alone report or as a supplement to another dwelling report."

The description indicates that EHP stands for Electrical Heating Plumbing ... but I would verify what they were expecting before doing anything, least you submit something they did not want and not only do you not look like you know what you were doing, but you have to go back and do something else all over again.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Jerry, good answer.
    I have a colleague that might help him out. He is in the same line of work. No promises though. He is independent and very good at what he does.

Mark, if he does not wish to help I can only wish you all the best.

Thanks for the full explanation Jerry.
    The narrative (heating plant), the whole system (as of boiler, pipes, and radiators or of furnace, ducts, and registers) used for heating an enclosed space (as a building or group of buildings) through me off.
    I typically hear the term referred when prospective clients ask me to perform unusual commercial or in large buildings like older churches or dormitories with steam or large boilers.
    I have refused such inspections.
    I inspect Small Commercial and Commercial Residental but I do not survey larger building as of yet.

Much thanks as well.

Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”