Al Roden Guest

Default @ 2" ceiling plate?

Anyone know what this thing on the breakfast area ceiling is - it's about two inches in diameter and is in a few other rooms too.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: @ 2" ceiling plate?

Glass breakage detector for central alarm system.

Al Roden Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Glass breakage detector for central alarm system.
    Thanks Raymond!

Curtis Kind Guest

Many newer homes have fire sprinkler heads covered by plastic caps. They pop off when the system activates.

- - - Updated - - -

Many newer homes have fire sprinkler heads covered by plastic caps. They pop off when the system activates.

Lightbulb Re: @ 2" ceiling plate?

Yes sir! You find those in most multi-family units! And some homes.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes sir! You find those in most multi-family units! And some homes.

I've seen something like that without the holes in it. One in the kitchen, one in the living room. They were the capped off lift point for a manufactured building. Look on the outside roof above the cap to find out for sure. There will be a raised nipple where the cable passed through. It should be capped off; if it's not... it will leak. (I'm aware another forum member identified it as a glass breakage sensor... it probably is... just putting in my two cents worth).

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen something like that without the holes in it. One in the kitchen, one in the living room. They were the capped off lift point for a manufactured building. Look on the outside roof above the cap to find out for sure. There will be a raised nipple where the cable passed through. It should be capped off; if it's not... it will leak. (I'm aware another forum member identified it as a glass breakage sensor... it probably is... just putting in my two cents worth).