Default Bill 59, Putting Consumers First Act - Committee Hearings - Ontario

http://www.ontla.on.ca/committee-pro...%20Ad%20EN.htm

Bill 59, Putting Consumers First Act (Consumer Protection Statute Law Amendment), 2016

The Standing Committee on Social Policy will meet to consider Bill 59, An Act to enact a new Act with respect to home inspections and to amend various Acts with respect to financial services and consumer protection.

The Committee intends to hold public hearings in Toronto on Tuesday, February 21, Monday, February 27, and Tuesday, February 28, 2017.

Interested people who wish to be considered to make an oral presentation on Bill 59 should provide their contact name, mailing address, phone number, and email address to the Clerk of the Committee by 12:00 noon on Friday, February 10, 2017.

Those who do not wish to make an oral presentation but wish to comment on the Bill may send a written submission to the Clerk of the Committee at the address below by 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 28, 2017.

An electronic version of the Bill is available on the Legislative Assembly website at: www.ontla.on.ca.

Peter Tabuns, MPP, Chair
    Katch Koch, Clerk

Room 1405, Whitney Block
    Queen's Park, Toronto, ON M7A 1A2

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Bill 59, Putting Consumers First Act - Committee Hearings - Ontario

Thanks Raymond, from my understanding there's a huge amount of interest in presentations. This will likely mean not everyone will be able to get heard. If you look at the number of lobbyist, associations, individuals and other stakeholders it would take at least 3 days for the Home Inspection Bill alone.

Although there's 3 days set aside for presentation to the "committee", I view it as 3 separate Bills and likely 1 day each likely set for each of the 3 parts (Home Inspectors, Pay-Day-Loans, & Door-to Door Sales).

I still believe those that feel the need to have a say need to take their chance to be heard, but I believe there's no "guarantee" that it will actually happen, or have any huge impact on the Bill.

The other part being the clear separation between the Bill itself and the work that may be associated as work of DAA.

Looks like Ontario Bill 59 impacting Home Inspectors was deferred until Monday....based on Ontario government session.

I’ve received a deferral slip: “Pursuant to standing order 28(h), I request that the vote for third reading on Bill 59 be deferred until Monday, April 10, 2017.” It’s signed by Mr. Bradley, the chief government whip.

Third reading vote deferred.

Thanks Claude.

Hope Raymond posts.
    Feels kinda emptier without Ray around.
    I will send Ray an email tomorrow after work to say hello from everyone at InspectionNews.

Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”