Carrie Risk Guest

Question Company Profit Margins

Hi, All! I've learned so much from you guys from reading your posts. It seems like a lot of people on this forum are getting paid a little for a lot. But it's hard to determine whether anyone is actually being "ripped off" without knowing what the insurers are paying the companies for these inspections. So, I'll ask the question: What do insurers pay for CGL Commercial site inspections, assuming interior/exterior, photos and commentary on hazards via loss control 360? Knowing this data will give us a better idea of whether the low pay is due to overhead and low contract price or whether the profit margin for the company is just huge. I'm just wondering if there is a better way to structure a company so that inspectors might earn more per inspection.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Company Profit Margins

Thought I would give you a response since it looks like no one has any interest on the topic. There are really only 2 threads in this forum that I know of dealing with your topic area. Most Home Inspectors have no interest in dealing with these type of insurance inspections due to the very low profitability for the HI. The insurance inspection arena may add a little income for a HI only if the HI could do it on the way or returning from an inspection. I believe most would just not bother with the aggravation for the very small return on investment. General thinking that that time and effort would be better served expanding their own business of time with their family.

Here are 2 links in this forum that I know of to look at :
    Mueller Services Inc. - Insurance Loss

Mueller Field Rep - New to this site

Your looking to justify why Mueller and other companies pay so little for what they demand in return. Then adding to that the justification to change their reimbursement structure like a horse in mid stream to increase the companies profit structure.

Lets add another layer to the onion by asking how many of the rejected which the Rep will not get paid for are actually submitted to the client for payment by the company management.

You will never find out since it is not in the interest of companies like Mueller to allow this type of information out of their inner circle control.

What ever Mueller and other companies profit structure is irrelevant to what the Field Rep needs to justify performing the services. So long as the Mueller type companies can find people to work at or below minimum wage they will continue the process status quo. If management can find a way to increase their profits at the expense of the Field Rep they will do so.

You and others should look at this area very skeptically and extremely pragmatic as to what you need to achieve from this association. Don't be sold a bill of goods by a energetic sales person that has no real interest in you. Look and question carefully.

Frankly I have absolutely no skin in the game. Many people venture into this area for many reasons. If they like it and can make a living or satisfy their personal requirements I wish the all the luck and success possible.

Good luck in your quest for the light of truth.