Thread: Raymong Wand

Default Raymong Wand

I heard Raymond Wand has been suspended from posting for a time on InspectionNews and wanted to say something on his/our behalf.

Raymond has been a staunch support of the industry, unlike the individual that attacked Raymond's good name and continues to do so on other MB's.

As you well know, many hear have gained great insight into the industry through Raymond Wand's deep resolve, to expose inconsistencies that harm our great industry.

Raymond Wand's suspension is a travesty. It muzzles that right of free thinkers.
    If you feel this way please post a message.

Best.
    Robert Young

Similar Threads:
      Last edited by ROBERT YOUNG; 02-22-2017 at 01:55 PM.
      Crawl Space Creeper
      Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
      Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
      Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

Default Re: Raymong Wand

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
      I heard Raymond Wand has been suspended from posting for a time on InspectionNews and wanting to say something on his/our behalf.

Raymond has been a staunch support of the industry, unlike the individual that attacked Raymond's good name and continues to do so on other MB's.

As you will know, many hear have gained great insight into the industry through Raymond Wand's deep resolve to expose what are inconsistencies that harm our great industry.

Raymond Wand's suspension is a travesty and mussels that rights of free thinkers.

Best.
      Robert Young
      And the above coming from a member of a company Raymond often rallies against ... very good defense of an opponent.

I apparently missed the one morning flare-up which led to his suspension (there was no long term cause I was able to pick up on).

This is Brian's board, we are not privy to what Brian receives, nor do we know if what Brian receives is even factual or not - but I, for one, had not seen anything from Raymond like what got the previous few suspended or banned.

Here's a vote FOR Raymond.

Jerry Peck
      Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
      www.AskCodeMan.com

Personally I do not have any problem with Brian smacking down anyone as he sees fit anytime for any reason. It's his clubhouse and he can discriminate in any manor he selects.

The dust up may have occurred as a result Roy Lewis and Raymond in the thread:
      The InterNACHI House of Horrors is now free and open to all home inspectors:

As you may remember Roy was having a hissy fit with Raymond. Roy Lewis may have also been benched. Don't know, just maybe several were put in the "time out chair". Apparently Jim Mosiuk may also have been part of the hissy fit.

I only wish that a way shorter leash be put on "The World As Lisa Sees It". Her contributions are typically just marketing/advertising and not worth the blathering and discussion that they generate. Noting that it only occurs in forums that nachi advertises in or controls in some manor. BUT, I respect Brian's right to do as he wants as Captain of his ship.

Came back to edit in my vote::: Abstention on Raymond ::::: Vote "FOR" Brian right to decide.

Last edited by Garry Sorrells; 02-22-2017 at 03:10 PM. Reason: name added to hiss fit group

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
      I only wish that a way shorter leash be put on "The World As Lisa Sees It". Her contributions are typically just marketing/advertising and not worth the blathering and discussion that they generate. Noting that it only occurs in forums that nachi advertises in or controls in some manor.
      Absolutely agree.

BUT, I respect Brian's right to do as he wants as Captain of his ship.
      Which is why I said:
      Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
      This is Brian's board, we are not privy to what Brian receives, nor do we know if what Brian receives is even factual or not - but I, for one, had not seen anything from Raymond like what got the previous few suspended or banned.

This IS Brian's board, his Clubhouse as you referred to it, and Brian can remove anyone at anytime for any reason ... THAT SAID, THOUGH ... to ignore instigators like Lisa while smacking Raymond down does NOT set an example of what is allowed and what is not allowed ... UNLESS one considers it a right of advertising ... in which case that could be an indication of why Brian's board is not as actively used as it has been in the past.

Then I expressed my vote FOR Raymond ... as I have already expressed my vote NOT for Lisa.

Jerry Peck
      www.AskCodeMan.com

And the above coming from a member of a company Raymond often rallies against ... very good defense of an opponent.
      Raymond is a professional. I need say no more.

I apparently missed the one morning flare-up which led to his suspension (there was no long term cause I was able to pick up on).
      I thought it was Jim Mosiuk that was disparaging Raymond unprofessionally, its not like he never attacks Ray, but later on I learned it was Roy Lewis.
      Apology goes out to Jim, but he has been attacking me on the InterNACHI site before Ray was removed and is now emailing threats?
      Hmm.

It is Brian's MB. I do not dispute that.
      I feel when any member has been mistreated by an instigator, we as contributing members must voice our opinion/concern.

Here's a vote FOR Raymond

Last edited by ROBERT YOUNG; 02-22-2017 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Wrong name. On going Jim saga....

Raymond Wand's suspension is a travesty. It muzzles that right of free thinkers.

Best.
      Robert Young
      .......Here's a vote FOR Raymond
      Frankly "travesty" is a bit much Raymond. Maybe it is that you are jaded by the world of Lisa and the internachi message board in how they comport themselves. It is interesting that the dust up was via a Lisa thread from your club that went south as usual.

Raymond, I see you like to vote early and often.... Did you come down to Chicago to vote in our Pres election?

That's three inspection message boards he's been booted from. At the risk of asking a math question... what's the common denominator?

Lisa Endza
      Director of Communication
      InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
      That's three inspection message boards he's been booted from. At the risk of asking a math question... what's the common denominator?
      Individuals
      do
      not
      to
      hear
      about
      their
      shortcomings
      from
      others?

That Raymond is better than the jokesters on the other two boards?

Being booted from some is a sign of ethics and upstanding actions.

Another might be being 'in the wrong place at the wrong time' while pointing out the goofiness of the thinking of those who drank too much of the cool aid.

Jerry Peck
      www.AskCodeMan.com

<br>Raymond Wand's suspension is a travesty. It muzzles that right of free thinkers.
      I don't think that is the best word to use in this situation.

I only wish that a way shorter leash be put on "The World As Lisa Sees It". Her contributions are typically just marketing/advertising and not worth the blathering and discussion that they generate.
      The obvious solution to anyone that you don't want to hear from is to not read posts that they start and/or "block" them in settings. It's not worth raising my blood pressure.

Department of Redundancy Department
      Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
      http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Roy Cooke sr Guest

andthey wold be right
      That Raymond is better than the jokesters on the other two boards?

Being booted from some is a sign of ethics and upstanding actions.

Another might be being 'in the wrong place at the wrong time' while pointing out the goofiness of the thinking of those who drank too much of the cool aid.
      I expect some might say I am biased and they would be correct
      Raymond and I have been very good friends for 14 years ,and still are,
      I am sure there is no one I this industry who knows Ray as well as I do.
      I see some information posted that is completely false .
      He was not removed from OAHI he like me left on our own .
      Ray was then chair of he OAHI Discipline he took over from Rudolf and was great at this, I was on his DPPC committee .
      He worked extremely hard for NACHI Helped big time for the First and Second Canadian NACHI meetings .
      He and others worked their buts off For the NACHI Toronto conference .
      Yes we both where removed from NACHI many years go. Its gone and we have both moved on .
      Some seem to love to bring this up , That's their problem if they can not let go.

I expect Ray will be back again helping like he has before and the few complainers will again post much incorrect information again . Questions glad to help . Roycooke@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Cooke sr;272485..................
      Some seem to love to bring this up , That's their problem if they can not let go.

I expect Ray will be back again helping like he has before and the few complainers will again post much incorrect information again . Questions glad to help . [EMAIL="Roycooke@hotmail.com"
      Roycooke@hotmail.com[/EMAIL]
      Roy,
      You seemed to take Jerry's comment as a slight, which it was not. It is your own association, via Lisa, that is wanting to ridicule your friend.

Garry, I expect Roy Cooke sr did not take Jerry's comment as a slight.

Knowing Mr. Roy Cooke sr almost ten years now, his posts are calculated and keeps accurate information to counter the inaccuracies, or false news, too many post.

I suspect he was correcting the statement, "That's three inspection message boards he's been booted from." Lisa described. Just for the record.

Jerry summed it up well, "being in the wrong place at the wrong time." with Gunner's obvious solution for the most part making good sense.

Here's to hoping Ray will be back in short time.
      Let's hope Brian can see we all have our days and cuts Ray some time served slack.
      Best Garry.
      Robert

Roy Cooke sr Guest

Roy,
      You seemed to take Jerry's comment as a slight, which it was not. It is your own association, via Lisa, that is wanting to ridicule your friend.
      Sorry in no way did I want to slight Jerry . I do not use his board very often and just wanted my info posted , thanks for the reminder , NACHI s not my association and yes I is not perfect but it does get a lot of post's that get some good information for all to see .I wish some of the members could control there emotions better .

I had no hissy fit. And I'm still here.
      I just didn't like the way he talked to Lisa.
      That's all I have to say about.
      Personally I do not have any problem with Brian smacking down anyone as he sees fit anytime for any reason. It's his clubhouse and he can discriminate in any manor he selects.

The dust up may have occurred as a result Roy Lewis and Raymond in the thread:
      The InterNACHI House of Horrors is now free and open to all home inspectors:

As you may remember Roy was having a hissy fit with Raymond. Roy Lewis may have also been benched. Don't know, just maybe several were put in the "time out chair". Apparently Jim Mosiuk may also have been part of the hissy fit.

I only wish that a way shorter leash be put on "The World As Lisa Sees It". Her contributions are typically just marketing/advertising and not worth the blathering and discussion that they generate. Noting that it only occurs in forums that nachi advertises in or controls in some manor. BUT, I respect Brian's right to do as he wants as Captain of his ship.

Came back to edit in my vote::: Abstention on Raymond ::::: Vote "FOR" Brian right to decide.

www.1stproinspection.com

Certified Master Inspector
      Like Us On Facebook
      https://www.facebook.com/1stproinspection/

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Lewis View Post
      Thank you Forest.

"Hissy fit" was how it came across to me as I observed it taking place.

Thank you Forest.

See Gary how you like to call people names..
      I have a few for you, but you ain't worth it.
      Let's move on.

www.1stproinspection.com

Like Us On Facebook

Thank you Forest.

See Gary how you like to call people names..
      I have a few for you, but you ain't worth it.
      Let's move on.
      Roy, I am not calling anyone names. "Hiss fit" is not a derogatory name for you. You misinterpreted the meaning. Hissy fit is a noun that describes an action. Now lets not have a hissy fit over a hissy fit, please

I can see how my opinion of the actions that caused me to use the term may yet indirectly cast a implication upon the author. If in fact the selection of the term was incorrect or overstating the situation, I will strive to do better in the future.

Don't worry---- be happy....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3HQMbQAWRc

Maybe it was just having a hissy?

Apparently, having a "hissy fit" is relatively new, around 1967 ... before that (1934), people just had a "hissy" ... as in 'he threw a hissy' - etymology - What is the origin of "hissy fit"? - English Language & Usage Stack Exchange

I remember it from grade school ... 'now you've done it, she's going to have a hissy now, you'd better watch out'.

Jerry Peck
      www.AskCodeMan.com

Thank you Forest.

Roy, I am not calling anyone names. "Hiss fit" is not a derogatory name for you. You misinterpreted the meaning. Hissy fit is a noun that describes an action. Now lets not have a hissy fit over a hissy fit, please

I can see how my opinion of the actions that caused me to use the term may yet indirectly cast a implication upon the author. If in fact the selection of the term was incorrect or overstating the situation, I will strive to do better in the future.

Don't worry---- be happy....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3HQMbQAWRc

www.1stproinspection.com

Like Us On Facebook

Thank you Forest.
      Roy Lewis,
      Aaaaaaaah I see now that you take umbrage with with the association of your statement "That's all I have to say about." and my connection to "Forest" as in the movie "Forrest Gump". I apologize profusely for making the assertion that you have any resemblance, attributes, association in word or deed to the character Forest Gump. Now realizing the disdain you have for what was embodied in the character "Forest". I will sincerely strive not to make that connection to you Roy in the future. You have my deepest and most sincere apology. I make mistakes and I am most willing to acknowledged them and correct them as best as I can; when I am wrong, I am wrong. Please do not hesitate to point out my errors in the future, I can not correct something unless I know it's wrong. We learn through our mistakes and strive not to repeat them. ... "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

For future reference and to clarify...

Forest Gump, who and what the the character portrayed?? My opinion and thoughts:

- Unwavering respect and love for his mother.
      - Suffered through years of pain wearing leg braces and maintained a positive attitude.
      - Suffered through being chastised and ridiculed for wearing and not being as smart as others, yet held no animosity to others.
      - Showed that any disability or challenge could be over come.
      - Demonstrated the ability to work as a team member in college and excel in football.
      - Served his country with pride and without hesitation.
      - Received the Congressional Medal Of Honor for risking his life to save others.
      - Demonstrated his moral and ethical character by following through with a promise to go into shrimping and when he had great success he included his dead friends family in that success as partners.
      - Demonstrated the unwavering love of Jenny despite her shortcomings.
      - Exemplified the loving role of a father to his son.
      - Trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent.
      - Truthful
      - Honest
      - Put others before himself in thought and deed.
      - The list could go on and on, but I will stop here.

Ok! OK! I get your point.
      In addition, I didn't like the movie nor the character of Forrest Gump.
      And I don't like Tom Hank's movies with the exception of the Green Mile.
      However, Have a great day Brother.

Roy Lewis AKA Forrest Gump

Roy Lewis,
      Aaaaaaaah I see now that you take umbrage with with the association of your statement "That's all I have to say about." and my connection to "Forest" as in the movie "Forrest Gump". I apologize profusely for making the assertion that you have any resemblance, attributes, association in word or deed to the character Forest Gump. Now realizing the disdain you have for what was embodied in the character "Forest". I will sincerely strive not to make that connection to you Roy in the future. You have my deepest and most sincere apology. I make mistakes and I am most willing to acknowledged them and correct them as best as I can; when I am wrong, I am wrong. Please do not hesitate to point out my errors in the future, I can not correct something unless I know it's wrong. We learn through our mistakes and strive not to repeat them. ... "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

For future reference and to clarify...

Forest Gump, who and what the the character portrayed?? My opinion and thoughts:

- Unwavering respect and love for his mother.
      - Suffered through years of pain wearing leg braces and maintained a positive attitude.
      - Suffered through being chastised and ridiculed for wearing and not being as smart as others, yet held no animosity to others.
      - Showed that any disability or challenge could be over come.
      - Demonstrated the ability to work as a team member in college and excel in football.
      - Served his country with pride and without hesitation.
      - Received the Congressional Medal Of Honor for risking his life to save others.
      - Demonstrated his moral and ethical character by following through with a promise to go into shrimping and when he had great success he included his dead friends family in that success as partners.
      - Demonstrated the unwavering love of Jenny despite her shortcomings.
      - Exemplified the loving role of a father to his son.
      - Trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent.
      - Truthful
      - Honest
      - Put others before himself in thought and deed.
      - The list could go on and on, but I will stop here.

www.1stproinspection.com

Like Us On Facebook

I have not been looking at this forum recently. Now that I checked back in and see more NACHI crap I doubt I will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Reinmiller View Post
      I have not been looking at this forum recently. Now that I checked back in and see more NACHI crap I doubt I will be back.
      Mark, I do not think you are alone. Also wounder how many are leaving as a result. Neither you or I have any ability to alter the course though it would be nice.

Check back to see if things change before you give up completely on I.N. you never know what the future holds.

A big thank you to Brian, for stepping in when requested and simply clamping down on verbal hostilities.

Maybe there could be a warning flag on the nacho subjects, or simply block all of that crap out. Let's keep it professional, gentlemen.

FWIW, Raymond Wand is an authority on legal issues for Canadian HI's. I believe he is retiring from HI work. He deserves our respect as a knowledgeable veteran of the industry, and should be permitted to voice his feelings and concerns. Welcome back soon, Raymond.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
      www.allsafehome.ca