Default What Is The Merit Of Having The Real Estate Agent's Name On An Inspection Report

The Read Estate Agent is not a party to the the transaction between the client and the Home Inspector. What is the reason that an Inspection Report would have a place to enter the REA's name?

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: What Is The Merit Of Having The Real Estate Agent's Name On An Inspection Report

Quote Originally Posted by John C Hansen, LEED AP View Post
    The Read Estate Agent is not a party to the the transaction between the client and the Home Inspector. What is the reason that an Inspection Report would have a place to enter the REA's name?
    Good question....in my opinion, just a matter of record.

Default Re: What Is The Merit Of Having The Real Estate Agent's Name On An Inspection Report

For the record.

No idea, haven't put the agents name in a report in 20 years. Only the clients name, or if an upper bracket client whatever pseudonym they tell me.
    Marketing?

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

Quote Originally Posted by Markus Keller View Post
    No idea, haven't put the agents name in a report in 20 years...
    I wonder why the software authors have it there. Are there some areas of the country where the REA is the principal contact for the inspection and not the buyer or seller?

Has anyone removed that field from their reports since it would be empty for every report?

Quote Originally Posted by John C Hansen, LEED AP View Post
    I wonder why the software authors have it there. Are there some areas of the country where the REA is the principal contact for the inspection and not the buyer or seller?

Has anyone removed that field from their reports since it would be empty for every report?
    Probably in an effort to cover any and all bases of what someone would like to see in the report.

I see no necessity of having them named unless they are a party of the contract that you have entered into, with the exceptions of a State requirement.

I would not bother to fill in that field myself. The software should be programmed to only display fields that are filled in. I always kept a paper booking sheet with all that stuff on it, private info, filed by the date.

It could be helpful info to some inspectors that want to track the numbers of times per year an agent is involved in some way in the inspection. Maybe those were from referrals by that agent. He gets a Xmas card, stack of your biz cards or whatever. A search of the report database gives you a list of the jobs.

If you track jobs in a database, you can do great stuff with past info. When I was maintaining my Access database, I could search a certain street and find all the addresses that I'd inspected on that street. Great for looking up old pictures of defects.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    Probably in an effort to cover any and all bases of what someone would like to see in the report.

I see no necessity of having them named unless they are a party of the contract that you have entered into, with the exceptions of a State requirement.
    The agent is the ONLY person with whom I can share the details of the inspection by state law. Putting this persons name on the report is just common sense for me. I never did it in the past before using my current software and it came with a space for that info. I use it and it is sometimes handy for reference, otherwise I have to look it up in a different location if I get a call from an agent or other person. Handy two or three months or years after I have forgotten the details. Give me an address and I can find any report I have ever done and pull up the report which now has all the pertinent facts. I have a written release in my contract about sharing the report info with their agent unless they instruct me otherwise.
    The agent will be the one calling me asking about repair addendum, etc.
    There agent is not a party to our contract but is their legal representative in the deal.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas