Default ...what happened to TIJ?

The other, smaller, more collaborative forum for this niche of interest has dropped off the web. Que paso, amigos?

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: ...what happened to TIJ?

"
    TIJ is finally in the process of getting a long awaited make over. The conversion isn't complete just yet, but we are working on it. Where are the Gigs of images from the old posts? Still uploading... and they won't show up until the SSL cert is applied as the image urls are https now. You will probably notice a bit of code that didn't get completely converted yet but we got most of it. Topic attribution points to the first reply and will be corrected eventually. We lost a couple weeks of posts, sorry but it couldn't be helped. Use the Forgot Password function to reset your passwords and get to know some of the new features. Leave your questions and comments in the Feedback forum.
    "

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    "
    TIJ is finally in the process of getting a long awaited make over. The conversion isn't complete just yet, but we are working on it. Where are the Gigs of images from the old posts? Still uploading... and they won't show up until the SSL cert is applied as the image urls are https now. You will probably notice a bit of code that didn't get completely converted yet but we got most of it. Topic attribution points to the first reply and will be corrected eventually. We lost a couple weeks of posts, sorry but it couldn't be helped. Use the Forgot Password function to reset your passwords and get to know some of the new features. Leave your questions and comments in the Feedback forum.
    "

Thanks for the reply, Jerry. Did not know you were a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jim baird View Post
    Thanks for the reply, Jerry. Did not know you were a part of it.
    I'm not ... not only am I not part of it, Mikey personally disinvited me before he got it up and running ... I just read your post, did a Google search for the inspectors journal, and clicked on a link - that quote is what came up on their page.

No disrespect for TIJ (never visited it before) ... all I know about it to disrespect it is that Mikey is connected to it ... if that helps clear it up.

Seems to me that Mikey would have created a folder within the server, uploaded all the files, made sure that it all worked properly, then moved the files to the front to replace what was there ... without causing the site to 'go dead' while he worked on it.

I would have figured Mikey had that ability ... guess he didn't?

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I'm not ... not only am I not part of it, Mikey personally disinvited me before he got it up and running ... I just read your post, did a Google search for the inspectors journal, and clicked on a link - that quote is what came up on their page.

No disrespect for TIJ (never visited it before) ... all I know about it to disrespect it is that Mikey is connected to it ... if that helps clear it up.

Seems to me that Mikey would have created a folder within the server, uploaded all the files, made sure that it all worked properly, then moved the files to the front to replace what was there ... without causing the site to 'go dead' while he worked on it.

I would have figured Mikey had that ability ... guess he didn't?

Thanks again,Jerry,for the reply.

I have zero interest in personal disputes etc among online participants.

What I can say about TIJ and my 14 yrs association there is that egos take a back seat to subject matter and that courtesy among the membership usually keeps it professional.

"
    "
    Jerry, You should have sited the link or named the author and source. I didn't see the quotation marks the first time I read it.

I dont think Mike is involved in it any longer. I think Chad Fabry is over it now.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    Jerry, You should have sited the link or named the author and source. I didn't see the quotation marks the first time I read it.
    Excellent point, I should have stated where I copied it from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    I dont think Mike is involved in it any longer. I think Chad Fabry is over it now.
    Thanks, Chad is a good guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jim baird View Post
    TI have zero interest in personal disputes etc among online participants.
    I gave background only because I was clearing up the 'you didn't know I was part of it' comment.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Good riddance.
    It was Mikey's personal blog with slanted viewpoints .

Chicagopropertyinspection.com

TIJ has been upgraded, will live on as long as there is fresh input.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Quote Originally Posted by John Kogel View Post
    TIJ has been upgraded, will live on as long as there is fresh input.
    That's the problem. He did not appreciate fresh input. Posted there all the time when a rook and he insisted on a NACHI bash fest. Soon as I objected to some lies he banned me.

Chicagopropertyinspection.com

The old format of forum worked well. New and improved may be their downfall.

TIJ? Explain/expand please.

Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    TIJ? Explain/expand please.
    TIJ is the smaller inspector's forum that I joined in '04. It is, IMHO, less burdened by egomania and personalities.

It focused on content as priority. P*ssing contests got deleted by moderators.

Much thanks Jim.

P*ssing contests? Never heard of such things being conducted by insubordinates MB members.
    I guess it relieves their pent up anger from swollen prostates.

Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”