Default Re: InterNACHI smacks HomeSafe, Seddon with Federal Racketeering Lawsuit.

?...just curious, any updates on this one?

Seeing how it potentially impacts ALL HI's and not just those who are members of the Association.

Default Re: InterNACHI smacks HomeSafe, Seddon with Federal Racketeering Lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Sheppard View Post
    ?...just curious, any updates on this one?

Seeing how it potentially impacts ALL HI's and not just those who are members of the Association.
    Because they messed up on their legal strategy and bombed out?

That a presumptive question ... based on the lack of them coming back and chest thumping and blowing their own horn about being successful.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Because they messed up on their legal strategy and bombed out?

That a presumptive question ... based on the lack of them coming back and chest thumping and blowing their own horn about being successful.

"InterNACHI Smacks Homesafe, Seddon with "Federal" Racketeering Lawsuit - InterNACHI"

Maybe the answer was in their own words......or at least a simple google search as to the appropriate court for filing "Federal" RICO claims.

Fighting the patent will be a minimum $2 million dollar affair, and at least 18 months....if not more. Everyone knows you fight the infringement, not the patent. Federal courts operate in a far different manner than State courts.. Generally, litigation in Federal court is far more formal than State court and applies even stricter rules than State court.

They will need a Lawyer with Federal case experience. Does Cohen have experience in federal court? I think the opposing counsel does if I remember correctly, it's been a while since I looked. If not this isn't going to end well, or cheap.

Last edited by Robert Sheppard; 01-06-2019 at 04:04 PM.

It's still in court. InterNACHI has spent many hundreds of thousands of dollars protecting the home inspection industry's right to use IR cameras.

No inspector has been sued since InterNACHI came to the rescue.

Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

Whenever anyone sues InterNACHI, Nick likes to keep them tied up in the lawsuit forever or until they finally run out of money. He often appeals cases he wins.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    He often appeals cases he wins.
    And ones he doesn't win, we are to presume?

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Whenever anyone sues InterNACHI, Nick likes to keep them tied up in the lawsuit forever or until they finally run out of money. He often appeals cases he wins.
    Im curious why someone would appeal a case they won? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    Im curious why someone would appeal a case they won? That doesn't make much sense to me.
    So the decision could be overturned, so they could appeal it again?

The only thing I see with that company organization is a way to make money ..
    10,000 purported members x $300 per year = $3,000,000 per year ...

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

So the decision could be overturned, so they could appeal it again?

The only thing I see with that company organization is a way to make money ..
    10,000 purported members x $300 per year = $3,000,000 per year ...
    Yes. Even if we win, they could appeal it. And if they win, InterNACHI can appeal it, and would.

And yes, that was HomeSafe's plan, to charge inspectors for using their own infrared cameras.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Yes. Even if we win, they could appeal it. And if they win, InterNACHI can appeal it, and would.

And yes, that was HomeSafe's plan, to charge inspectors for using their own infrared cameras.

So it's safe to assume after loosing this round you'll are appealing?

Maybe paying them and recognizing their patent as....let me quote this correctly...... "valid"...... wasn't such a good idea?

https://www.nachi.org/homesafe.htm

I know, I know....you where trying to gain access to their private records form the inside.....even thought all their patent information was public record.

- - - Updated - - -

Who said it?

?After a thorough review of the HomeSafe patents by our legal team, we came to the conclusion that the HomeSafe patents are, in fact, valid,? said Nick Gromicko, president of InterNACHI. ?We can find no evidence of prior art that has not been reviewed by the patent office, and all six patents are approved and in good standing with the USPTO"

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI