Default Condo building with commercial garage door- electric eye placement

Does anyone call-out the electric eye being too high on commercial style rolling garage doors for larger condo buildings?
    Typically I see electric eyes 2' off the ground instead of 6" as is required for residential reversing door sensors.
    I am told commercial doors have no law dictating their placement. And I learned 2 sets of sensors can be mounted, one high and one low.
    Children and pets can be loose in condo garages just like a residential home.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Condo building with commercial garage door- electric eye placement

Quote Originally Posted by chris brown View Post
    Does anyone call-out the electric eye being too high on commercial style rolling garage doors for larger condo buildings?
    Typically I see electric eyes 2' off the ground instead of 6" as is required for residential reversing door sensors.
    I am told commercial doors have no law dictating their placement. And I learned 2 sets of sensors can be mounted, one high and one low.
    Children and pets can be loose in condo garages just like a residential home.
    Been out of things for a while but I don't recall anything in the federal regulations (U.S.) differentiating residential or commercial installations. The regulations and manufacturer's installation instructions are (or were) the controlling documents.

The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA