Jeff Eastman Guest

Default Re: WH Vent strapped to WH

Quote Originally Posted by RobertSmith View Post
    I'd say that it would not be an approved method...but I can't see the real harm in it.
    Other than sheet meta screws won't support 30-40-50 gallons of water?

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Randy Navarro Guest

Sounds like a make-shift repair. Perhaps the original draft hood was defective and didn't hold in place.

As long as the hood's secure, there isn't any harm. The sheet metal screws in the top of the tank won't hurt anything.

I'm not sure to what Billy's referring when he questions whether sheet metal screws will hold lots of water?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Navarro View Post
    Sounds like a make-shift repair. Perhaps the original draft hood was defective and didn't hold in place.

As long as the hood's secure, there isn't any harm. The sheet metal screws in the top of the tank won't hurt anything.

I'm not sure to what Billy's referring when he questions whether sheet metal screws will hold lots of water?
    Earthquake Straps (if that is required.) I was looking at drawing (straps connected to wall?)

If Not.

Last edited by Billy Stephens; 12-18-2007 at 12:12 PM. Reason: if not
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.