Default In-ground or above ground swimming pool?

I need to build a custom swimming pool at a low-cost rate. I know above ground pools are modest contrasted with the in-ground pools however they are not alluring and engaging. I'm anxious whether the house estimation will diminish with the above ground pools. Would someone be able to prescribe a few hints to assemble the swimming pool with ease? I thought to introduce the above ground pool and encompass it with deck to make a vibe of an in-ground pool. I don't know whether it works? Might it be an idiotic thought? Does the deck establishment cost much? I'm supposing to talk about this with the pool installers. Does it work? Or, on the other hand, any thoughts or proposals for building the pool at a shabby rate.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: In-ground or above ground swimming pool?

You may be confused about the purpose of this forum.

We do not care about installation cost, appraised value or how pleasing something looks. We are here to discuss if something is installed correctly. ie: to manufacturers or code specifications.

Pools are a tricky item. Many buyers will avoid a home because it has a pool. Don't want the maintenance and legal obligations. Some areas homes wont sell unless it has a pool. Florida and California come to mind.

If you are concerned about appraisal value, you might want to pose the questions to appraisers instead of home inspectors.

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

Default Re: In-ground or above ground swimming pool?

Quote Originally Posted by britney View Post
    I think it is better to build a swimming pool in low land and it maybe last long, beneficial as well.
    Why is that?

One BIG negative for building a pool in low land is that water which accumulates in low land will overflow into the pool, contaminating the pool water and drastically altering the chemical balance of the pool water ... much less bringing in fertilizers and other chemicals.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com