Default New Mueller Hire - Guidance needed

Hello, I was looking to get some help.

I was recently hired by Mueller Reports (yes, I know a lot of people don't like the place, I'm not asking for advice on that.) I start soon-ish but haven't gotten any actual company documents yet. I was hoping to get the clothing I needed for the field inspector job before they let me know as my closet currently consists of ultra-relaxed (cargo shorts, t-shirts, a couple button up solid color casual shirts) and my work suits.

Basically what I need to know is the dress code so I can find clothing in my size, being rather outside regular store sizes. I would rather not show up to training in a suit.

Any help on dress code would be appreciated, specifically shoe type, shirt type, pants type, and if you need work gloves for any reason.

Thank you!

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: New Mueller Hire - Guidance needed

Oy vey!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

John,
    It is very simple, Ask the person that you work for/report to/training you to send you in writing what they expect as suitable attire for the field work.

They hired you , nest you need to obtain the SOP Book that lists what is expected of you including the policy and procedures for your work and the company.

This will help you when some manager wants to fire you for some infraction, if you don't know what is expected how can you perform to their expectations. This is Employee 101, protect your self for management quirky attitudes and non existent policies.

"Oy vey! ". May God go with you. You will need him on your side.

If you want or expect honest responses, "John Doe" is not likely the best name to use....

Wear khakis and a golf/polo shirt. The rest is up to you....

I am sure "John" does not want to be picked up by the Muller Police for demonstrating that Muller Training may not be the best.

John's question is one of the things that should have been explained in the hiring process, company dress code. Then again I do not think that John really understands the Muller system of compensation for the work he will be doing. People there for years have issues with the ever changing tide of compensation or lack of it.

But John a Doe does not show much creativity MR Ducks would have been better

Some have looked at me and said MR Duck as I swam past their boat and I would have to reply Not MR Duck just Old Coot.

Last edited by Garry Sorrells; 07-11-2017 at 02:27 PM.