Thread: bugs

Richard Stanley Guest

Default bugs

Has anyone else noticed the resemblance of Bugs Bunny and Hillary?

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: bugs

No But,

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    No But,

Ya, but Dick Channey is not running!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Hillary???

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Ya, but Dick Channey is not running!

Wasn't the Guy who was shot an Attorney?

Now how could That Be a Bad Thing?

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Stanley View Post
    Not at first, but after thinking about it for a bit while cooking dinner, yes! You're absolutely right. The bunched up cheeks and slightly buck teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    Wasn't the Guy who was shot an Attorney?

Now how could That Be a Bad Thing?
    Because he was such a poor shot he only winged the attorney ... That man can't do ANYTHING right.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Keep in mind, the attorney APOLOGIZED for getting shot. Now that's scary.

Anyone notice that 'W' talks like Elmer Fudd ... can't say a thing and have it come out right. That man is a walking funny farm of mis-steps and ignorance. When asked how many votes he won by he can honestly hold up one finger and state "1" ... '5-4, dat's all folks.'

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Here we go.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    . When asked how many votes he won by he can honestly hold up one finger and state "1" ... '5-4, dat's all folks.'

Did Someones Chad Hang?

Will Floridians Delegates be seated at the Democratic Convention?

When asked how many votes he won by he can honestly hold up one finger and state "1" ... '5-4, dat's all folks.'
    Jerry,

Bush won by 5 votes in the Electoral College. 271 to 266. Those are the only votes that really count.

The Supreme Court had to step in and put and end to the vote counting, recounting and re-recounting, hanging chads, dimpled chads and all the other nonsense.

Remember your 6th Civics lesson - we don't elect a US President by popular vote. We elect him in the Electoral College.

"Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

Richard Stanley Guest

How about Huckabee and Gomer Pyle??

Florida: The democrats just kept counting and counting and counting.... Some of them still are.

Cheney: South Texas sportsman of the year. No point in shooting an innocent bird when there is a lawyer in range.

The democrats just kept counting and counting and counting....
    Some of us are counting the seconds until W(orst president ever) is out of office.

Michael Larson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
    Some of us are counting the seconds until W(orst president ever) is out of office.
    Yeah, isn't it terrible.

No terrorist attacks on our soil for 6+ years.

A roaring economy.

Lower taxes and increased revenue.

The first with a serious proposal to actually save Social Security.
    (To bad it failed as now the inevitable will happen)

Successful appointment of Supreme court justices that actually believe in the constitution.

And defeating Al Gore and John Kerry.
    (Can you imagine if either of them had succeeded?)

Disclaimer: These are my personal opinions only, you can keep yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Larson View Post
    These are my personal opinions only, you can keep yours.
    Thanks! I will. Merry Christmas!

Michael Larson Guest

Thanks! I will. Merry Christmas!
    Same to you, John.

Aaron Miller Guest

Richard:

Though Hillary may indeed resemble Bugs, I'd rather have a wise-cracking rabbit for President than the burned-out-alcholic-drug-addict-Alfred-E.-Neuman-wannabe-big-oil-business-cowboy-punk-ass-chump that we currently have.

Puck Refublicans,

Aaron

Michael Larson Guest

Don't ya just love how quickly the liberal sheep resort to name calling instead of serious discussion of their accomplishments?

Aaron Miller Guest

Don't ya just love how quickly the liberal sheep resort to name calling instead of serious discussion of their accomplishments?
    You mean like turning a several trillion dollar surplus into an multi-trillion dollar deficit? Or, are you talking about starting a totally uncessary war in order to support the oil business and in the process alienating the good opinion of the remainder of the civilized world? Maybe you are referring to the totally trashed out economy we are now experiencing due to the ineptitude of the Federal Bank. It's entirely possible that you might be discussing the denial of the threat of global warming? Or, what about an absolute disregard for constitutional law? I could go on ad infinitum, but I doubt that you can see past your red-white-and blue bravado long enough to grasp the reality and urgency of the situation.

Aaron

Michael Larson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Miller View Post
    You mean like turning a several trillion dollar surplus into an multi-trillion dollar deficit? Or, are you talking about starting a totally uncessary war in order to support the oil business and in the process alienating the good opinion of the remainder of the civilized world? Maybe you are referring to the totally trashed out economy we are now experiencing due to the ineptitude of the Federal Bank. It's entirely possible that you might be discussing the denial of the threat of global warming? Or, what about an absolute disregard for constitutional law? I could go on ad infinitum, but I doubt that you can see past your red-white-and blue bravado long enough to grasp the reality and urgency of the situation.

Aaron
    What surplus? Future Rosy Scenario projections don't count as real surpluses.

Oil - If we wanted the oil we could just take it. Buts that's not what is going on is it? Why should I give a rat's rear end what the rest of the world thinks about us. Don't you find it interesting that freedom loving people from around the world are clamoring to get here.

Economy - I guess you don't listen to the news. The economy is doing quite well and is still in a sustained growth period. That's amazing considering we are at war at the same time. Sure it will end(probably at the hand of Dems) the economy always cycles.

AGW - You mean Anthropogenic Global Warming? Prove it. Another 400 scientists went on record this week against the over hyped fantasies of Al Gore.

Constitutional law? Are you talking about the poor hapless detainees)non-US citizens) at Guitmo? Ya, I feel real sorry for them. Maybe you should send them a Christmas present.

I could go on and on.

BTW-What were all those great accomplishments of your preferred party again?
    I must have missed your list. Please repost.

Aaron Miller Guest

After reading your post I am certain, and beyond the shadow of a doubt, that all your ducks didn't make it to the pond.

Michael Larson Guest

After reading your post I am certain, and beyond the shadow of a doubt, that all your ducks didn't make it to the pond.
    So then, I am able to assume you have no cogent argument for why your party should be given power to rule. That's kinda what I thought.

Good luck to you and when you're ready to demonstrate some real thought and support your argument I'll be ready to interact with you.
    In the mean time just keep getting your marching orders from the usual sources.

Last edited by Michael Larson; 12-21-2007 at 01:09 PM.

Aaron Miller Guest

So then, I am able to assume you have no cogent argument for why your party should be given power to rule. That's kinda what I thought.

Good luck to you and when your ready to demonstrate some real thought and support your argument I'll be ready to interact with you.
    In the mean time just keep getting your marching orders from the usual sources.
    Michael:

If you actually had two intact synapses to rub together you'd probably start a fire and be engulfed in your brilliance. Arguing with separationists who are both blinded by patriotism and crippled by their inability to grasp concepts more complex than huntin', fishin' and football is a total wast of time. I have more interesting things to do.

Merry Christmas to you too,

Aaron

Michael Larson Guest

Michael:

If you actually had two intact synapses to rub together you'd probably start a fire and be engulfed in your brilliance. Arguing with separationists who are both blinded by patriotism and crippled by their inability to grasp concepts more complex than huntin', fishin' and football is a total wast of time. I have more interesting things to do.

Merry Christmas to you too,

Aaron
    Well Aaron you have again demonstrated that you are unable to provide a reason to support your party other than the fact that you don't like G.W. B. and have again resorted to the all too typical name calling in lieu of real and informed debate on real issues.
    I love exposing those like you are unable to present a defense for what they believe..

Separationist-No
    Hunter-Yes
    Fisherman-Yes
    Footbal Fan-No
    NASCAR fan-No
    Republican-Maybe
    Conservative-Definitely

Thanks for the feigned compliment though you probably have to go look that word up. And would you mind learning how to spell while your at it?

Last edited by Michael Larson; 12-21-2007 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Removed extra period just for John

And would you mind learning how to spell while your at it?.
    That's "you're", and you don't put a period after a question mark.

Michael Larson Guest

That's "you're", and you don't put a period after a question mark.
    Thanks for pointing that out John. Correction made.
    I make that mistake sometimes when I am in a hurry.

Good catch and thanks for paying attention.

I assume you will be carefully monitoring Aaron's posts as well.

Aaron Miller Guest

Michael:

Sorry for the delay. I had to go do some actual work.

I'd like to offer you a two-part Christmas present if I may. The first part is a bit of advice:

(1) Never shoot across another's bow without knowing something of the other's capabilities.

(2) Never shoot across another's bow without knowing all about your own inadequacies.

In short, don't get out of your depth.

The second part is this: I will not say anything else that will embarrass you more than you've already managed to do for yourself.

Happy Holidays,

Aaron

Michael Larson Guest

I will not say anything else that will embarrass you more than you've already managed to do for yourself.

Happy Holidays,

Aaron
    Oh please Aaron stop being so full of yourself. Go ahead "embarrass me"

You have offered nothing except hate Bush quips and name calling and now you claim some special depth of understanding without providing ANY evidence that you actually possess it.

I'm waiting but I will be off line for a while as I too have to go get some work done.

BTW - Wasn't George Bush the governor of Texas? Hmmm.

Aaron Miller Guest

Michael:

I see no reason to take these other folks time up with giving you civics lessons. Email me with your address or make yours accessible from the forum and I will send you the information you requrested - and more . . .

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Breedlove View Post
    Jerry,

Bush won by 5 votes in the Electoral College. 271 to 266. Those are the only votes that really count.

The Supreme Court had to step in and put and end to the vote counting, recounting and re-recounting, hanging chads, dimpled chads and all the other nonsense.

Remember your 6th Civics lesson - we don't elect a US President by popular vote. We elect him in the Electoral College.
    And the 5-4 vote put an end to the re-counts. Which means Bush won by 1 vote ... 5-4. Otherwise it is likely (no one will ever know) that he would not have taken Florida, in which case all of history since then would be different.

But, it is what it is, and it goes to show what 1 vote can do.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Michael Larson Guest

Michael:

I see no reason to take these other folks time up with giving you civics lessons. Email me with your address or make yours accessible from the forum and I will send you the information you requrested - and more . . .

Aaron
    Please drop me an e-mail Aaron

It's as simple as clicking on my name and sending me one.

So you want to teach me civics eh? We'll see about that.

Michael Larson Guest

And the 5-4 vote put an end to the re-counts. Which means Bush won by 1 vote ... 5-4. Otherwise it is likely (no one will ever know) that he would not have taken Florida, in which case all of history since then would be different.

But, it is what it is, and it goes to show what 1 vote can do.
    Jerry,

As I recall the independent recounts by various orgs, still showed Bush the winner of Florida.

Study of Disputed Florida Ballots Finds Justices Did Not Cast the Deciding Vote
    NY Times ^ | 11/12/01 | By FORD FESSENDEN and JOHN M. BRODER

Posted on 11/11/2001 6:49:42 PM PST by PianoMan

comprehensive review of the uncounted Florida ballots from last year's presidential election reveals that George W. Bush would have won even if the United States Supreme Court had allowed the statewide manual recount of the votes that the Florida Supreme Court had ordered to go forward.
    Contrary to what many partisans of former Vice President Al Gore have charged, the United States Supreme Court did not award an election to Mr. Bush that otherwise would have been won by Mr. Gore. A close examination of the ballots found that Mr. Bush would have retained a slender margin over Mr. Gore if the Florida court's order to recount more than 43,000 ballots had not been reversed by the United States Supreme Court.

Some food for thought!

Agree or Disagree, I don't care.

Educating children about liberals & conservatives

-

Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections

Michael Larson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Erby Crofutt View Post
    Some food for thought!

Agree or Disagree, I don't care.

Educating children about liberals & conservatives

-
    Loved it Erby.

BTW-you have to log into Active rain to read it.

Aaron Miller Guest

Michael:

Your link, among other things, does not work.

Aaron

Michael Larson Guest

Michael:

Your link, among other things, does not work.

Aaron
    Perhaps you need some computer support.

I tested it before I wrote the post and again just now. Works fine.

In any case I have sent you an e-mail.

Patiently Waiting.

Anyone looked at what the US dollar is doing lately? Booming economy? Someone better tell all the real estate related businesses they are really booming instead of ..............Well, never mind.

Michael Larson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    Anyone looked at what the US dollar is doing lately? Booming economy? Someone better tell all the real estate related businesses they are really booming instead of ..............Well, never mind.
    I share your concerns about the US dollar to a point but keep in mind that the current situation also makes goods produced in this country cheaper abroad and will help the bottom line of a lot of companies stateside.

The pullback in the housing market was overdue IMHO. Now that it has happened it will take several years to recover.

A lot of HIs and Real Estate agent will not make and soon be looking for other work.

Jack please read the current economic numbers.

Aaron Miller Guest

Perhaps you need some computer support.

I tested it before I wrote the post and again just now. Works fine.

In any case I have sent you an e-mail.

Patiently Waiting.
    Michael:

Quite so. I did finally get it opened. Here is the text of the article in case anyone else had a problem opening the link, but somehow I fail to see how this upports your claims:

The Ideological Animal
    By: Nicole Belle on Saturday, April 21st, 2007 at 9:03 AM - PDT Psychology Today:

"All people are born alike-except Republicans and Democrats," quipped Groucho Marx, and in fact it turns out that personality differences between liberals and conservatives are evident in early childhood. In 1969, Berkeley professors Jack and Jeanne Block embarked on a study of childhood personality, asking nursery school teachers to rate children's temperaments. They weren't even thinking about political orientation.

Twenty years later, they decided to compare the subjects' childhood personalities with their political preferences as adults. They found arresting patterns. As kids, liberals had developed close relationships with peers and were rated by their teachers as self-reliant, energetic, impulsive, and resilient. People who were conservative at age 23 had been described by their teachers as easily victimized, easily offended, indecisive, fearful, rigid, inhibited, and vulnerable at age 3. The reason for the difference, the Blocks hypothesized, was that insecure kids most needed the reassurance of tradition and authority, and they found it in conservative politics.

I know our right wing commenters are going to think this is a cheap shot against conservatives, and that is sincerely not my intent. I just find this report fascinating in how different inclinations manifest themselves from childhood into adulthood. Certainly, everything I was exposed to in my childhood have informed my politics and worldview. And now part of what I do for my off line job is teach children. I know which children need structure and respond more to authoritarian commands from me and which kids like me being more casual and jokey with them. I'd love to catch up with my students again in 20 years to see if these hypotheses bear out on their political leanings.

Aaron Miller Guest

Michael:

While you're chewing on that one, don't get antsy. I just finished my first report and now must be down the road for inspection number 2. Once it's done, including of course the report, I'll get back to you . . .unless I decide to open a bottle of Chardonnay with my friends who are dining with me this evening.

So, don't hold your breath.

Ta Ta,

Aaron

If that article were true, you would think that liberals would be the ones running the country, and though they try, they do not have the reins as of yet.

If it weren't for lawyers, we would never need them.

Michael Larson Guest

Well Aaron, you might have found that piece fascinating but me, not so much.

Maybe you can relate to this:

Understanding the American liberal mindset is far more difficult. Liberals speak of patriotism and love of country, but they actively undermine nearly everything our government has done in the War on Terror. They seem to believe it is their duty to represent a counterview in American policy. Although they feel it is imperative to voice the minority opinion in matters of national policy, they go so far as voicing the foreign opinion; aligning themselves against the best interests of the United States.

Source

Aaron Miller Guest

Understanding the American liberal mindset is far more difficult. Liberals speak of patriotism and love of country, but they actively undermine nearly everything our government has done in the War on Terror. They seem to believe it is their duty to represent a counterview in American policy. Although they feel it is imperative to voice the minority opinion in matters of national policy, they go so far as voicing the foreign opinion; aligning themselves against the best interests of the United States.

Source
    Michael:

Before I toddle off for toddies let me remind you that you are speaking to a 6-year veteran of another unneccesary war. Do not dare to even hint at calling me some sort of traitor, else I spend my X-mas vacation on the road to rearranging your impudent ass!

Aaron

Understanding the American liberal mindset is far more difficult. Liberals speak of patriotism and love of country, but they actively undermine nearly everything our government has done in the War on Terror.
    Invariably, someone with a lack of position tries to tie "patriotism" and 'support of "War on Terror" ' as being connected.

The Iraq war was as simple as a kid playing cowboy and saying 'you threatened my Daddy, but I've got more toy soldiers than you do so I'm coming to get you' and that is what he did - against all advise, including from his Daddy. When you take a cowboy kid who never had to grow up and take responsibilities, and then give him command over a great army, what to heck do you expect?? Other than a War?

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

The Iraq war was as simple as a kid playing cowboy and saying 'you threatened my Daddy,

The Second Gulf conflict was a result of Iraq's defiance of the United Nations resolutions.

Was it 87 or 88 total resolutions? Then kicked out the United Nations Nuclear Compliance Inspection team.

Were the facts distorted (Yes).

Were other conflicts facts distorted.(Yes)

Spanish American War(Remember the Maine) ship exploded in Havana Harbor(Catastrophic Boiler Failure) not a Spanish bomb.

WW II we are neutral but shipping Arms to Europe under lend lease escorted by US War Ships.

Imposed an oil embargo (when we actually had some refinery exports) on Japan.

Gulf of Tonkin Incident (never happened) However we were supporting South Vietnam raids on the North with War Ships in their waters Shelling North Vietnam.

Nicaragua,El Salvador,Bosnia,Somalia and dozens more of known and countless unknown conflicts.

The Clinton Administration deployed more Troops(undeclared War) in more countries than any President in History.(Please check for yourself) conflicts included.

You can not wage a politically correct War and Win.

It took 5 years after Germany's surrender to rid their" Insurrection "(The Werewolves)

Did Both Roosevelt's,Kennedy(Bay of Pigs),Johnson,Clinton,Bush's miss lead us, or for that matter many more past Presidents .Andrew Jackson (Trail of tears),Lincoln (Slavery was not an issue until he wanted the slaves to fight for the Union).ect.

Our current Enemy wants to destroy us and our way of life. (Stated)

That's all I need to know.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Billy Stephens; 12-23-2007 at 12:44 AM. Reason: PDF Added

Michael Larson Guest

Invariably, someone with a lack of position tries to tie "patriotism" and 'support of "War on Terror" ' as being connected.

The Iraq war was as simple as a kid playing cowboy and saying 'you threatened my Daddy, but I've got more toy soldiers than you do so I'm coming to get you' and that is what he did - against all advise, including from his Daddy. When you take a cowboy kid who never had to grow up and take responsibilities, and then give him command over a great army, what to heck do you expect?? Other than a War?
    Jerry, Read Billy's post 46.

You can trot out the Bush did for Daddy crap all day but it flys in the face of the reality at the time. You seem to have forgotten th wide support that existed at the beginning of the IRAQ war.

Let me add, how can one be "patriotic" and not support the concept of the "war on terror" which is intended to preserve the very nature of this country and it's freedoms?

You may quibble about the propriety of the war in Iraq but do you really believe that if we just leave them(terrorists) alone they will leave us alone? Based on what evidence?

Aaron Miller Guest

Jerry:

You are right on the money with this. As a Texan I got to watch this pompous, illiterate ass while he blundered around as governor for an inordinate amount of time. It was the training ground for him, DeLay and several other Bush criminal cronies.

Fortunately, Texas did not still have a standing army at the time. They should all be drawn and quartered.

Aaron

David Banks Guest

Source
    Michael. What I do not get from the conservative position is you are for as little government in our lives as can be but when someone criticizes the government you call them un patriotic. You also seem to like government in our personal lives.
    Remember the American Revolution would have never happened without questioning the government. Would you have been a Torry and say oh no we can not go against the King? Do not be blinded by patriotism. These politicians are trying to separate us so they can continue their Bull-S... Both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by David Banks View Post
    Michael.-------These politicians are trying to separate us so they can continue their Bull-S... Both sides.
    Yes,Yes & Yes.

These politicians are trying to separate us so they can continue their Bull-S... Both sides.

Yes, and don't forget how media distort facts and Bull-S as to.

With the way our political system has taken shape over the last decade I'd be ashamed to be very supportive of either side entirely. Blaming one half of the country for all of our problems and mistakes is a pointless waste of time. The far left and the far right are scary.... For the upcoming election I predict that whomever is further away from one extreme will be elected.

This is another example.
    Man-made global warming, another lie.
    [Poland: Physicist Dr. Zbigniew Jaworowski, Chairman of the Central Laboratory for the United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Radiological Protection in Warsaw: "We thus find ourselves in the situation that the entire theory of man-made global warming - with its repercussions in science, and its important consequences for politics and the global economy - is based on ice core studies that provided a false picture of the atmospheric CO2 levels."]

We need to start reading and learn how to think on our own.
    We need to stop trusting politicians.

Last edited by Zibby Swieca; 12-23-2007 at 03:06 PM.

(Let's try this again.)

Maybe ,

Michael Larson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by David Banks View Post
    Michael. What I do not get from the conservative position is you are for as little government in our lives as can be but when someone criticizes the government you call them un patriotic. You also seem to like government in our personal lives.
    Remember the American Revolution would have never happened without questioning the government. Would you have been a Torry and say oh no we can not go against the King? Do not be blinded by patriotism. These politicians are trying to separate us so they can continue their Bull-S... Both sides.
    Absolutely NOT. I not calling anyone unpatriotic for questioning the government. I question the government all the time. Here's a short list.

Lack of funding of Social Security and Medicare making any meaningful reforms, (should be privatized IMHO) This baby is broke and probably beyond fixing because the pols don't want to face the facts.

Incessant desire among politicians to do good by passing legislation.
    example: Recent regulation regard pool drains after a your girl was eviscerated last summer in MN) Was this really necessary just so the pols could claim they their do gooder status?

Failure of government to secure our borders

Failure of government to clamp down on employers of illegals and provide a decent means of verification for employers.

Passing the recent energy bill that creates no additional energy resources and establishes a goofy CAFE increase to 35 mpg, the elimination of incandescent bulbs, mandated increase in Ethanol production which is still unproven to be of benefit.

That a very short list of recent issues that the government has either not done it's constitutionally mandated function or has exceeded it beyond measure.

I have just criticized the government how does that make one unpatriotic?

I consider it unpatriotic for citizens to be less than supportive of our leaders efforts to secure the freedoms this country was founded on.

BTW - I'm still waiting for Aaron to tell us about their accomplishments and ideas that would make this a better country. All I've of seen is name calling and Bush hatred. No ideas. Just mindless spew.

Last edited by Michael Larson; 12-23-2007 at 08:29 PM.