Lightbulb Announcing The Prober™

Hi everyone,

My name is Brian Wickstrom and I am the inventor of a dry rot probe that I call "The Prober". It has a threaded end that fits on any extension pole. It is extremely durable and looks far more professional than any home made tool. And with its blunted end, it will not damage sound wood like a knife or screwdriver would.

Please have a look and let me know what you think: https://inspectionimplements.com/product/the-prober/

Use the code "homeinsp" to receive a 10% discount.

Thanks,

Brian

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Announcing The Prober™

Brian, as a tool maker/seller, and potential advertiser, may I suggest that you contact Brian Hannigan, owner of inspectionnews.net, and work out a sponsorship of one or more forums.

While your tool does look interesting, I have not seen a knife, screwdriver, or other sharp probe "damage" "sound wood" ... nor have I seen any sharp probe "damage" rotted wood as the wood was already "damaged".

Maybe it's just the finer points of what one considers to be "damage", but a rounded indentation from a blunt probe seems to me to be no less "damage" than a sharp probe leaves with a thin or sharp pointed indentation.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Made one of these things 15 years ago with an old paint roller. Took less than 10 minutes.
    While your product is nice looking, to me the pole and probe are grossly overpriced. To each their own.
    Agree with Jerry. If you are trying to sell something here, you need to go thru Brian.

I already have mine, sharpened stub of a paint roller, with the rubber hose scabbard.
    Never use it, but I've got it.

The homemade tool I use a lot is a paint roller handle with a camera mini tripod taped to it. That I use a couple times a month, timed shots or video.

Invent a faster way to get across town.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Maybe it can be marketed as "The Duel Prober." The Prober: For wood density results, and for those pesky agents that probe your resolve to soften your reporting objective. Instructions: Light hand thrusts gets results.

Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

Quote Originally Posted by John Kogel View Post
    Invent a faster way to get across town.
    Now that's something I'd pay for !

Dom.