Default Home Inspectors Needed for FEMA Hurricane Harvey Relief

I just received an email from ASHI saying that they need 25,000 home inspectors for FEMA Hurricane Harvey Relief in Houston and around the Texas Gulf Coast. However, they don't give you much information on it, and just ask you to register with Vanguard Emergency Management. Fortunately for me, it seems to be good timing as I've just become licensed and haven't really built up much business yet.

Does anybody else plan on signing up for this? Did anybody do it in the past with Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans or Hurricane Sandy in New Jersey? What, if any, training is required? Is there any compensation? If so, how much? Do they reimburse expenses (travel, accommodations, food, etc.?) Lot's of unanswered questions and wondering if it would be worth it for me to do.

Thank you all in advance for your responses and feedback,
    Kurt

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Home Inspectors Needed for FEMA Hurricane Harvey Relief

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Stein View Post
    I just received an email from ASHI saying that they need 25,000 home inspectors for FEMA Hurricane Harvey Relief in Houston and around the Texas Gulf Coast. However, they don't give you much information on it, and just ask you to register with Vanguard Emergency Management. Fortunately for me, it seems to be good timing as I've just become licensed and haven't really built up much business yet.

Does anybody else plan on signing up for this? Did anybody do it in the past with Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans or Hurricane Sandy in New Jersey? What, if any, training is required? Is there any compensation? If so, how much? Do they reimburse expenses (travel, accommodations, food, etc.?) Lot's of unanswered questions and wondering if it would be worth it for me to do.

Thank you all in advance for your responses and feedback,
    Kurt
    Check out the related posts that pop up below your post. This topic is covered very well in past threads.
    Be aware, the hurricane relief inspections are NOT normal home inspections and from what I have been told is grueling work under bad conditions for little pay while you live away from home in a devastated area. On top of that you leave behind any business that you may have built or at least you put your business on hold for a few months. This is not for the faint of heart.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas