Default Wall Partition Designs

I am planning to install some temporary wall partitions at my home, i need some suggestions and what are the trends now a days in partition walls. Thanks

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Wall Partition Designs

Based on what I am envisioning and their purpose - if the partitions create new 'spaces' you will need to provide electrical receptacles to meet the spacing stated in the code, plus lighting, and if 'sleeping rooms/spaces' then smoke alarms; you man also need to meet natural light and ventilation requirements, and heating.

Just to the first things which came to mind with the limited information you provided (considering it as though you are creating new 'rooms', i.e., "habitable spaces" and what is required for those spaces).

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Default Re: Wall Partition Designs

If temporary and not attached to the home such as a dressing screen, it is "furnishings" and not subject to building code. If you want to make it part of the home then as Jerry said you open up a whole can of worms as far as lighting, ventilation, emergency egress, electric outlets, smoke detectors, etc.

Trends are not something I (nor most home inspectors) would be a good source of information.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas