Default It's Spring!

It's that time of year!

Business is picking up and the discussion board chatter is slowing. You can always tell when the season starts to get busy and when it slows. The discussion boards slow down and the questions become more technical during the busy season.

I hope that everyone is seeing an increase in the calls and jobs booked!

On a side note:

I have heard that the NACHI board is going strong, with Bushart and Cairo on their Witch hunts. Things never change, they keep devouring their own! They are like the Mutt and Jeff show, Crayons and all! I understand that Dan Harris keeps them chasing their tails as well. I'm getting this via emails from other folks, as I can no longer enter their realm. They finally cleared my user name and password last week that Nick gave me about five years ago. Oh well it was fun while it was slow.

I have many friends at NACHI and I hope that they are all seeing an increase in business as well.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Scott Patterson; 04-13-2007 at 04:14 PM.
    OREP Insurance
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Default Re: It's getting busy!

Yes, The shoppers are out and going strong. Always a little scary at the start of spring but then BANG! here we go. talk again when the snow falls. HAHa, Wayne

Joseph P. Hagarty Guest

Business is Booming and the Fish are biting.

Tim Moreira Guest

Glad to hear you guys are doing OK. My real estate market is still at a stand still.

Hope it picks up here.

Kevin VanderWarf Guest

I've gotta do a full inspection today @ 3pm (Sunday) and a draw inspection after, just so Monday and Tuesday will work out.
    I hardly ever work workends and never Sundays.
    Yep, things are looking up.

Kevin VanderWarf Guest

Also, I looked up licensed inspectors for my area this morning.

Down from 23 in 06 to 17 so far this year.

John Graham Guest

Thumbs down Re: It's getting busy!

Still Dead in NY. The Bad Weather has been a factor. JG

Kevin Luce Guest

This area has been steady all through the winter. Realtors are pushing their clients (sellers) to have home inspections before putting it on the market.

We offer two types of inspections. One is the full inspection and the second is a Major Defect inspection. The Major defect inspection is a little more than the minimal the state of Indiana requires us to do. The price is cheaper, the inspection is faster and it doesn't make the seller aware of all the little problems that are existing in the house. Of course, we have information on the front page informing the seller and possibly the buyer of the limitations of that inspection and that the buyer should still obtain an inspection. We are finding that a little less the half of the sellers are going with the full inspection. That Major Defect inspection is great for a second job for the day since it normally takes 3 hours from leaving the house to finishing up the report back at the office. The full inspection normally takes around 5 hours (estimated time is for the average house of 1500 sq ft).

I was just wondering if anyone else is seeing the Realtors pushing the sellers to have home inspections.

Stephen Houmard Guest

Been picking up in the Charleston SC. I did 12 last week. We have been doing pre listing inspections during our slow time.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Joe, glad to hear somebody's busy. I had six scheduled last week but two canceled at the last minute. Nothing scheduled yet this week and no calls yesterday or today. This is shaping up to be my slowest month of the year and the slowest in quite some time.

I would be willing to bet that almost everyone is busier than I have been. It is just plain dead here. We've got a different market with our own problems, but it sure takes the fun out of the business when there's nothing to do.

I'm waiting to get shut out completely one of these weeks. I know it's coming, but so far I've had at least one inspection each week. Good thing the wife is working or I'd be out of beer.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA