Thread: BLEEDING ROOF

Default BLEEDING ROOF

GUYS

anyone come across this before--roofer says it is just cosmetic

cvf

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: BLEEDING ROOF

What it makes me suspect is that the shingles are not nailed down, instead they are set in plastic roof cement (or possibly lap sealant or cold process as they are both thinner and more liquidy than plastic roof cement is), or are set in plastic roof cement (or an alternative) along with being nailed down,

I recommend getting a letter from the manufacturer of the shingles stating that is okay (which I doubt the manufacturer will say as they will probably want to know what that stuff is, and if it is "part of the shingles" THEY have a problem, and if it is not "part of the shingles" ... then the roofer has a problem - as Desi would say to Lucy "you got some 'splainin' to do").

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Yep, seen that before. Manufacturer's defect. Found it during a pre-listing inspection; owner had also been told it was cosmetic, and missed the deadline for filing a claim by about a year. He was seriously peeved!

Welmoed Sisson
    Inspections by Bob, LLC, Boyds, MD
    "Given sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

Thanks, Welmoed.
    Maybe Charlie could edit his request to include Gals? Altho we know he meant everybody.

So the new cheaper tar backfired on them? Tsk, tsk.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca