Default Ethics of the Flu

Well I sit here today with the flu. Yes, I did get a flu shot this year but it seems that the mark was missed on just what particular flu types would need to be targeted by the vaccine for this flu season.

Being sick is not fun but what actually bothers me more than the way I feel is all of the the work that I have been, and will be, missing. I have been taking Tamiflu for a couple of days now and I am actually starting to feel a bit better. And of course, the better I feel the more anxious I am to get back to work since I had a full schedule on tap for the week. But, according to the best medical advise, I remain contagious at this point and have a another day or two before I will be OK to be around others.

"OK to be around others"? Well that lit a light bulb over my head and I thought about a job I could do at a house that is currently vacant for a client that would be out of town and would be missing the inspection anyway. In short, there would not be anyone else around while I did the inspection!

Problem solved? Well not exactly because it then occurred to me that, during my inspection, I would be going all over the house touching every switch, button, and dial as I went everywhere in and around the house. What would I be leaving behind? OK gloves! I could wear gloves and then I would not actually be touching anything. What about coughing and sneezing on my gloves or anything else in range? How about a mask?

And then it hit me - If I have to dress like an employee working at a Center of Disease Control lab just to do a home inspection then I really have no business being there in the first place. I guess I will just stay away from other people and their houses for another day or two.