Default New member in Southern Florida.. Ron Lucas

Hello to all the H.I. out there, my experience goes all the way back to 1977 when I worked with contractors for Hovnanian. We built condos in Middletown N.J. I was part of a crew that handled clean up of all phases of the condos being built. I used to lay in bed as a young 16 year old and build houses from the ground up. It was all thanks to doing this job and dealing with all phases of the build.

I went on to join the Army where I was a Radio Teletype operator/ crew chief/ Generator mechanic.
    With a Secret Security Clearance. Provided Secret communication for a field Artillery Battalion.
    I worked out of the HQ. Company.

Was honorably discharged from the ARMY and soon went on to work for the second largest computer company in the world 2nd to IBM fortune 100 company called Digital Equipment Company.
    This provided knowledge of massive computer rooms with Very large Main frames. Raised floors so wires and AC could run underneath.

The founding father Ken Olsen eventually sold the company to Compaq than to HP took over all the accounts.

From here I worked for a company called PRS construction inc. i started as a Project Manager and soon became the Senior Project Manager. With 4 great project managers to work with.
    This company worked with many different aspects on multi-family renovation. Conversions (turning apartments in to Condos with separate meters for all utilities) this led to a Real Estate company merging with us. I became the home inspector for a lot of folks who want to buy in.
    This was in Atlanta and started marking myself with some of the Real Estate companies in town.

Long story short PRS sold off to a Chinese company who brought in their own people.

I ended up in California working with N.A.S.A. on Edwards Air Force base as their Construction Manager. Thru the prime contractor Pride Industries. Great Job. https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/SOFIA/index.html ... I was incharge of this project off base, where I build out a leased Swiss Air Hanger.

Currently in Florida taking care of my Mom who is almost 88. Ready to take a course here to start home inspections again.

Reading some reviews on this company ICA Inspection Certification Associates.

I feel like they could be a good fit as my experience is solid, I need the 120 hour course so I can take the test here in Florida.

Any help on courses would be greatly appreciated.