Default Inspection Findings Solutions

I think this website is a great find, so I thought I would share it. I started sharing the website link along with my inspection report. I share this site with the listing agent as well. So far a very favorable response. Inspection Findings Solutions

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Hello Charles Shaughnessy,

I'm Brian Hannigan and I am the creator of InspectionNews

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your visit here at InspectionNews and if there is anything I can help you with just let me know.

InspectionNews has many Member Benefits available to you. Some save you time, others save you money and some do both!

Make sure you view the list of Member Benefits at: http://www.InspectionNews.net/home_i...MemberBenefits

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

Default Re: Inspection Findings Solutions

I recommend not following the link. This post just doesn't feel right to me. There is a Charles Shaughnessy listed as a Phoenix, AZ inspector, but he has never posted here before. I may be wrong, but...

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

I took Gunnar's advice, so I copied the link address (inspection-findings-solutions.com), did a Google search on "inspection-findings-solutions.com" to check it out first, and found it to be a legitimate link to an inspector, and to an IntgerNacho video for a Jim Krumm, inspector.

I didn't watch any of the video other than the first part to where he got out of his car ...

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Jerry,

You are more willing to go the extra mile!

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    I recommend not following the link. This post just doesn't feel right to me. There is a Charles Shaughnessy listed as a Phoenix, AZ inspector, but he has never posted here before. I may be wrong, but...
    What the heck - It really is a good website, and I am Charles Shaughnessy a Phoenix home inspector. Copied from the home page...

Inspector Findings Solutions – Is a complete resource for understanding the most common issues / deficiencies found by the home inspector, and the home repair solutions for fixing them.Whether you are the home buyer, the buyers agent, the home seller, or the listing agent, this site is for all those involved in the pending real estate transaction. A very useful tool to help with the common repairs needed after the home inspection, so the so that the home sale can proceed forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Shaughnessy View Post
    What the heck - It really is a good website, and I am Charles Shaughnessy a Phoenix home inspector. Copied from the home page...

... so the so that the home sale can proceed forward.

I hate to have to be the one to point this out to you, but ... THAT is not what home inspections is about, not why home inspections are done, and not why people have home inspections ... without whom there would not be any home inspections or home inspectors.

Seems that some of home inspectors must think that their job is to facilitate the real estate agent in making their commission ... that is not the home inspectors job.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    [/LEFT]

I hate to have to be the one to point this out to you, but ... THAT is not what home inspections is about, not why home inspections are done, and not why people have home inspections ... without whom there would not be any home inspections or home inspectors.

Seems that some of home inspectors must think that their job is to facilitate the real estate agent in making their commission ... that is not the home inspectors job.
    No Jerry that is not our job. But there is no reason whatsoever not to be proactive. Some home inspectors believe to heck with everyone - I just want to show everyone how much I know. Here is what I found - everyone (buyer, seller, agents) just work it out among yourselves. That is not who I choose to be, there is no reason not to be helpful, and still do your job.

This is a perfect example of why I normally don't post anything on a forum - people who make remarks like you.

No Jerry that is not our job. But there is no reason whatsoever not to be proactive.
    "so that the home sale can proceed forward" is anything but "proactive", that is trying to help the agent complete the sale - remember, those were your words, not mine.

There is nothing wrong with REPORTING everything the home inspector sees AND explaining what things mean to the best of the ability of the home inspector.

This is a perfect example of why I normally don't post anything on a forum - people who make remarks like you.
    I'm not the one who said "so that the home sale can proceed forward" ... that has nothing to do with home inspections. I guess you did not like that being pointed out.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    "so that the home sale can proceed forward" is anything but "proactive", that is trying to help the agent complete the sale - remember, those were your words, not mine.

There is nothing wrong with REPORTING everything the home inspector sees AND explaining what things mean to the best of the ability of the home inspector.

I'm not the one who said "so that the home sale can proceed forward" ... that has nothing to do with home inspections. I guess you did not like that being pointed out.
    And I did not say "so that the home sale can proceed forward" like I said I copied it from the home page of the website." And I agree there is nothing wrong with with REPORTING everything the home inspector sees AND explaining what things mean to the best of the ability of the home inspector."

But I do believe that this site makes my job easier, and offers much more benefit than I can by myself. There is nothing wrong with being helpful, there is something wrong about not disclosing all of your findings. And what is wrong with wanting the transaction to move forward as long as all the facts are on the table. That scenario works for all the parties involved.

This back and forth discussion should never had started, there is really nothing to argue. Be more helpful to your client or don't, the choice is yours. Its always easy to say its not my job. I like the site, I have received positive feedback from my clients, and the agents - I see it as a win-win.

And I did not say "so that the home sale can proceed forward" like I said I copied it from the home page of the website."
    I will agree that I didn't say that right, you said:

I think this website is a great find, so I thought I would share it. I started sharing the website link along with my inspection report. I share this site with the listing agent as well. So far a very favorable response. Inspection Findings Solutions
    Which indicates that you agree with it.

Me bad, my wording was off.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com