Thread: Facebook

Default Facebook

I've been posting to Facebook as well as Linkedin, twitter, and G+ with little success.

I've read that the more likes/follows you have the more your page will show in search results. Towards that end (better SEO) I'm asking you all to visit like and or follow my facebook page posts and I will like yours back.

Maybe we can each learn from the other about content!

Independent Home Inspection - Home | Facebook
    Thanks.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1
    Bob Kenney
    www.IndependentHomeInspectionMD.com
    Call or TEXT : 410-504-3751 rkenney74@comcast.net

Default Re: Facebook

I recently went to change my cover photo on facebook and one of the choices was video. It's rather limited at 20-90 seconds and an odd size at 820-462 pixels'

What I did manage to cobble together was a short promotional piece made entirely with powerpoint.
    When you get it all finished you just 'save as .wmv instead of .ppt and upload it to your page. One of the major considerations when making it is the narrowness of the result on facebook. On posting it initially you will be able to position it, but if you have a lot of text headings make sure they all fit within the bottom 2/3 rds of the power point screen.

Before you start with Power Point you should change the screen from the default 4:3 size to the full width 16:9. Do this on the Design tab. Hit page setup and change the slide size in the first box of the pop up window.

Enjoy!

Bob Kenney
    www.IndependentHomeInspectionMD.com
    Call or TEXT : 410-504-3751 rkenney74@comcast.net

Default Re: Facebook

Following you on Twitter and Google+. I'll let the Facebook and LinkedIn manager know to follow you there, too.

So it's true that likes and follows increase visibility. However, content and engagement with that content is what gets people to like and follow your page. I noticed that you haven't posted to Google+ since 2016. Most users won't like or follow a page if there aren't regular posts.

If you're looking for content to spread around, we publish to our blog twice monthly. Feel free to share content from that. You can also get inspiration by looking at what other home inspectors are posting, particularly their balance between educational material and ads.

Also, have you considered engaging with other real estate professionals, like contractors and realtors? That might help, too.

Good luck!

Stephanie Jaynes
    Marketing Director
    InspectorPro Insurance
    We Protect. You Inspect.
    www.inspectorproinsurance.com