Default INSURANCE FOR COMMERCIAL INSPECTION FIRM?

Recommendations for lowest rates (but quality coverage) for
    E&O
    GenLiab
    ProfIns
    for commercial inspection firms (no home inspections)? Links or phone numbers much appreciated.

Any associations that offer reduced rates?

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: INSURANCE FOR COMMERCIAL INSPECTION FIRM?

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Chambers View Post
    Recommendations for lowest rates (but quality coverage) for
    E&O
    GenLiab
    ProfIns
    for commercial inspection firms (no home inspections)? Links or phone numbers much appreciated.

Any associations that offer reduced rates?
    Carolyn,

Great questions! We at InspectorPro offer great E&O and general liability for home inspectors. Feel free to fill out our app online here to get a quote specific to your coverage needs.

For commercial inspection firms--no home inspections--we usually recommend that people Hiscox. Everyone we've referred there seems to have had a positive experience.

As for professional insurance, it depends on what you mean. What are you hoping to cover with your professional insurance?

As for associations offering reduced rates, what do you mean? i.e. If you join ASHI or InterNACHI, they'll give you a discount with X Insurer? Not really. However, most home inspection insurance agencies honor association or franchise ties in some fashion.

Additionally, some things to keep in mind while shopping around:
    • Are my E&O and general liability limits separate or shared?
    • Are there any sublimits? (This is REALLY important if you do any additional services with your home inspections, like mold sampling, radon testing, pest inspections, etc.)
    • How do they define a claim? And when does claims assistance kick in? (If pre-claims assistance is available, that's a huge plus.)
    • What's excluded from the policy?
    • Are there any rewards for consecutive years without claims? (i.e. diminishing deductible)
    • Are there any additional benefits with purchase of insurance? (i.e. pre-claims assistance, risk management education, etc.)

Hope that helps!

Stephanie Jaynes
    InspectorPro Insurance
    We Protect. You Inspect.

www.inspectorproinsurance.com

Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook,
    Twitter, YouTube, and Google+.
    And be sure to subscribe to our
    twice-monthly newsletter.