Default True Building Age?

hello...

(not sure where this should go...Mr. Administrator, place it where need be)

I'm having a difficult time determining true/real building age...sites such as LoopNet are a real bust; & individual County property records searches usually return: "no address found".

I really need this info for most of my reports (Loss Control/Commercial Insurance Inspections).

Does anyone have a free (or cheap) source,that is accurate...???

thanx,

Mark F

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: True Building Age?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Freeberg View Post
    hello...
    I'm having a difficult time determining true/real building age...sites such as LoopNet are a real bust; & individual County property records searches usually return: "no address found".
    I really need this info for most of my reports (Loss Control/Commercial Insurance Inspections).
    Does anyone have a free (or cheap) source,that is accurate...???
    thanx,
    Mark F
    Mark,

If you are looking for accuracy, it seems to me that the only place you are going to find anything resembling that is through the local building department or property tax records. If the building was constructed under the building codes (in my area, codes were not enforced county-wide until the mid 1960s), they would have made a record. Of course, records get lost, misfiled, etc., but that would likely be the most accurate. Once again, in my area, the county wants their property tax and they will have a record of when "improvements" were made. A title search might turn up useful clues, but not likely to give you exact dates.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/