Thumbs down Adding to water entry thread

Sorry, something messed up (like me) and I ended up with two separate threads with the same subject pictures. Please excuse my foopaaa. Check out the rest of the pics that are not there......geeeze embarassing.

OK there is no water entry thread. I will fix this tomorrow I don't know what the heck I did.
    Elizabeth, wet-behind-the-ears

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Elizabeth Chambers; 04-26-2018 at 01:22 AM. Reason: dunmmie needs to go to sleep
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Adding to water entry thread

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Chambers View Post
    Sorry, something messed up (like me) and I ended up with two separate threads with the same subject pictures. Please excuse my foopaaa. Check out the rest of the pics that are not there......geeeze embarassing.

OK there is no water entry thread. I will fix this tomorrow I don't know what the heck I did.
    Elizabeth, wet-behind-the-ears
    Hey there E(wbte),

I only see this thread and no explanation as to what your question is. I assume you are asking about the condensation. Looks like inadequate ventilation under the house. Pretty common in areas with dense soil (adobe, for example). Around here, the two most common remedies are to add more vents (in this case, staggering high/low might be a good idea) and/or placing a vapor retarder (6 mil plastic loose-laid on the soil). However, those are not always successful.

Another solution is ducted, mechanical ventilation. Some ventilation systems pull air from the exterior through a duct and distribute it to those areas where the majority of the condensation is. Other systems pull air from the crawlspace and dump it outside. My general feeling is that introducing air from the exterior would be more effective, but I suppose that might slightly pressurize the crawlspace and push air up into the house through any openings in the floor.

Generally, I note the condition and defer to a pest (wdo) inspector, since there is probably some fungus growth and/or damage present anyway.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/