Default Search Engine Optimization....

This seems to be the growing way to advertise on the net.... Have any of you spent any money on it and has it paid off?

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Lee Nettnin Guest

Default Re: Search Engine Optimization....

I can tell you as an owner of a commercial web site (we sell home decor items) that search engine optimization is only a very very small portion of getting your web site 'out there'. To top that off, each company offering optimization has a different idea of how to do it. What one person says will work another says it will not. If you really want to optimize your web site, your better off doing a lot of reading and do it yourself, but don't be surprised that what works today will not work next month. The search engine gurus are constantly revising how they find and rate web sites, and for that matter Google will be different than Yahoo. For instance one way to get ranked higher in the search engines is to make constant revisions to your web site and the web crawlers will notice that.

Personally if your planning on paying for this service, you better get a contract stating they will increase the number of hits by a given amount before you lay your money down. I use my website for informational purposes only, so realtors and clients can see my prices and contract etc. ahead of time.

Last edited by Lee Nettnin; 01-04-2008 at 02:42 PM.

badair http://www.adairinspection.com Garland, TX 75042
    Commercial-Residential-Construction-EIFS-Stucco-ACMV-Infrared Thermography
    life is the random lottery of events followed by numerous narrow escapes...accept the good

David Banks Guest

Great stuff... thanks guys!