Default Rubber hose for natural gas lines in a house

OK folks, I inspected a new construction house today that ran the typical black pipe for gas throughout the house. when it got to the water heater and furnace it stopped at the ceiling and a rubber hose, with what appeared to be a slip on connection, was run to the water heater and another one to the furnace.
    so my question is,
    Is this a new and improved way of connecting? or is it cheap and illegal?

Thanks
    Rick

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Hello Rick Beeman,

I'm Brian Hannigan and I am the creator of InspectionNews

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your visit here at InspectionNews and if there is anything I can help you with just let me know.

InspectionNews has many Member Benefits available to you. Some save you time, others save you money and some do both!

Make sure you view the list of Member Benefits at: http://www.InspectionNews.net/home_i...MemberBenefits

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

Default Re: Rubber hose for natural gas lines in a house

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Beeman View Post
    OK folks, I inspected a new construction house today that ran the typical black pipe for gas throughout the house. when it got to the water heater and furnace it stopped at the ceiling and a rubber hose, with what appeared to be a slip on connection, was run to the water heater and another one to the furnace.
    so my question is,
    Is this a new and improved way of connecting? or is it cheap and illegal?

Thanks
    Rick
    I doubt very much that it is a "rubber hose".

Did you note the data or any product info printed on the gas line/product? The ASTM #?
    Was it yellow or black? You need to supply as much information as possible to receive specific assistance.

Could have been an appliance connector, or a distribution pipe (such as Tracpipe) CSST.

Default Re: Rubber hose for natural gas lines in a house

I appreciate the quick response Dom and apologize for the lack of information.

It was black and a cut to length type. As opposed to a set flexible line length.
    I researched the Tracpipe that you mentioned and I believe that is what it is.

I was talking to the prospective buyer when I took a pic of it, but alas it was not a legible photo. That's my excuse.

Thanks
    Rick