Thread: SEO Help

Default SEO Help

I used to do my own SEO but have got too busy and it keeps falling to the bottom of the task list. We get phone calls continually from companies pretending to be Google and ignore them. Anyone have positive experiences with a company that understands our busy (and smaller budget)???

Looking for referrals!

Thanks
    //Rick

Crawl Space Creeper
    Rick Bunzel
    WWW.PacCrestInspections.com
    360-588-6956

Default Re: SEO Help

Oh Grasshopper I am at least as ill informed as you if not more. I got those calls too and hang up.
    Wouldn't know who is real and who isn't.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

Rick, I would think you have been in business long enough that SEO isn't as relevant as it may have been in the past. Certainly you have a long list of repeat clients and referrals.

Since most "SEO" is a combination of over-hyped snake oil and an attempt to hit the ever-changing target ( this months algorithm), I can't imagine any predictable outcome. "You need video" ,"You need to blog" , "You need to use social media" ...

My motto for any telesales: if they called me, I don't want it.

Dom.

Dom,

I hear what your saying but to the Millennials the web is everything. Its no secret that there phones are glued to their hands. If you are not ranking well with good reviews they will go to the next listing. Just a fact of life. Here in Washington State, Realtors must give out 3 names. The Millennials will do their research and make the call based on it. I have always enjoyed good ranking and am prepared to keep it that way.

//Rick

Rick Bunzel
    WWW.PacCrestInspections.com
    360-588-6956

https://www.scorpion.co
    These guys know how to grow a small business. Fast

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bunzel View Post
    I used to do my own SEO but have got too busy and it keeps falling to the bottom of the task list. We get phone calls continually from companies pretending to be Google and ignore them. Anyone have positive experiences with a company that understands our busy (and smaller budget)???

Looking for referrals!

Thanks
    //Rick

What seems to be working with me is a constant presence on social media, blog posts, emails to my database, and Yelp. I ask every customer and agent for Yelp reviews. I don't offer incentives for reviews like I've heard some businesses do. I believe in honest reviews. Its been generating a steady stream of business lately.

Tony Escamilla
    Villa Home Inspections

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

This is the way I look at it now. I used to really pay attention to my rankings but since I gave up full and solo control of my website after having it redone professionally, I don't look at it much. Referrals are what drive my current work load. I'm not even sure where my site ranks now for the top keyword searches.

If I had to give one piece of advice, it would be to get your rankings up under the local Google search listings. I believe the bulk of web traffic I get now comes from these rankings as opposed to appearing on page #1 or 2 or 3. Being organically ranked on the top three pages obviously can only help but I think the local Google listings that appear are the most important in today's market and what buyers will look at first when searching for inspectors.

My volume was heavily driven by website traffic until maybe 4 years ago. Then it shifted and became mainly referral driven.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D'Agostino View Post
    Rick, I would think you have been in business long enough that SEO isn't as relevant as it may have been in the past. Certainly you have a long list of repeat clients and referrals.

Since most "SEO" is a combination of over-hyped snake oil and an attempt to hit the ever-changing target ( this months algorithm), I can't imagine any predictable outcome. "You need video" ,"You need to blog" , "You need to use social media" ...

My motto for any telesales: if they called me, I don't want it.

Dom.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Thumbs up Re: SEO Help

Michael Mollenhauer owns 1 to 1 Network Advertising & Marketing and is in my Networking group.

He has received many great reviews from others in the group who have used him and specializes in getting you 5 Star Reviews on Yelp and other review sites.

Check him out, compare him to the others and if you contact him let him know Brian Hannigan sent you his way.

https://1to1network.com/

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

I have found in my market, SEO is less important in the last 1 to 2 years than it used to be.

Most buyers just want to take inspector recommendations from there RE.

Heavy local marketing is expensive and time consuming, but equally, if not more important in my opinion. Then keep your online SEO up to date when you can.

Alpha Home Inspections
    417- 334-7047

Everyone in this post is correct as there is no one way to go about driving SEO. The main ideas I always suggest to ASHI members is that they need to:

1. Get themselves listed on Google (list your business on Google Business and Google Maps)
    2. Ask for testimonials. Send them a link to your website or Google Business page and have them provide a testimonial there. If you don't ask, they won't provide on their own. There's never any harm in asking.
    3. Always reach out to your list via email or social media with a tip of the day/week. They actually appreciate this. And the realtors may (or may not) use the tips when selling them houses themselves. Always good to be on someone's short list than not on it at all.

Join MOZ.com

Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI