Scot White Guest

Default Pre Inspection Agreement Florida

Hello
    I am in the process of getting my home inspection company open here in Florida. My next step in this process is insurance. They are all asking for a pre-inspection agreement for my policy. My question is where would I start to look for one. I understand InterNACHI has one and is that just a standard agreement and is it best to protect myself. My question is where did everyone else get theirs. I would like one more personalized for my company. If I have to found a website online that charges $200 for each inspection form / pre-inspection / 4 points/pool and spa.... I would like to do this correctly and best for me and my customers. Any help and direction would be great. Thank you for your help

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Thanks for posting here and welcome to InspectionNews!

You will find a ton of information here but don't forget about the Member Benefits too.

Some save you time, others save you money and some do both!

Make sure you view the list of Member Benefits at: http://www.InspectionNews.net/home_i...MemberBenefits

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

Default Re: Pre Inspection Agreement Florida

Hi Scot,

I use the CREIA contract, but it is geared to California law. I believe ASHI has a contract available for members; but, given that ASHI is national, it will likely be very general. Best bet would be to check FABI to see if they have a contract. Maybe attend a local FABI or ASHI meeting and see if someone will share their contract with you.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Start here: http://www.fabi.org

I retired from HI in 2006, and changes have gone on in FABI, but start there, and talk to Sunni ... I believe she is still handling the executive operations for
    FABI.

Tell Sunni that Jerry said to contact her (she'll probably go "Jerry who?" because it's been so long.)

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Whatever agreement you decide to go with, it's a good idea to have a lawyer who practices in that area look over the agreement to make sure it covers whats needed.

What is needed, exactly? Is it within the pre-inspection agreement that your disclaimers are listed? Is the agreement actually the legal contract?
    Are the contract and the pre-inspection agreement the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Chambers View Post
    Is it within the pre-inspection agreement that your disclaimers are listed?
    Which disclaimers? The general limitations of the inspection, yes. Specific disclaimers/limitations for a given system, no.

Is the agreement actually the legal contract?
    Are the contract and the pre-inspection agreement the same thing?
    Yes.

Which is why I didn't title mine "Pre-inspection Agreement", I titled it what it actually was "Contract For Services".

I suspect that the term pre-inspection agreement is a carryover from days gone by - when the first home inspectors started thinking about what they were doing and thought "I'd better put something in writing so my client doesn't think that I can see everything, and I'll give it to them at the beginning of the inspection." ... and the "Pre-inspection Agreement" was born.

Maybe one of the old, old guys or old, old company guys will give additional insight into how it started.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com