Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Great NFL Weekend

The legend of Favre lives on in a classic game in the snow, the Pats continue their march toward perfection, and two big upsets today by the road teams. Romo's gonna take a lot of crap for his bye-week vacation but that had nothing to do with the Boys losing. He did throw a bad pick to end their chances but they had plenty of opportunities before it got that far. They just didn't execute. Patrick Crayton had a terrible game and the defense displayed terrible tackling on one of Toomer's TDs. A lot of penalties too. They played a fairly undisciplined game.

The likely Super Bowl matchup is Packers vs. Pats with the Pats favored but the masses pulling for Brett to grab another ring, dispute the Pats push for the perfect season. Go get em Pack!!!

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Great NFL Weekend

Awsome day for sports.... there was also a great nba game in the morning, blazers vs. raptors that ended up going to 2OT....

As for the football, I'm pulling for Farve. I don't think they'd have a chance against the Pats but it will be a good game to watch.

As for the Cowboys.... aren't there a bunch of Texas guys around here? I know it sucks to lose a game and Romo will take a bunch of undue greif... I hear Mexico is pretty nice this time of year... and Jessica Simpson is pretty hot. So, if you're going to get distracted.... well, at least he has good taste.

Green Bay winning and Dallas losing made my weekend.
    The guy from California,

Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

Eric Shuman Guest

In Texas we all know it's Jessica Simpson's fault.

Now that Dallas is out I am definitely rooting for the Packers. My wife grew up in Wisconsin and you gotta admire Favre even if your not a Cheesehead.

Eric

Eric Shuman Guest

Oh wait, I meant it was the Fake Jessica Simpson's fault, see story below:

ABC News: Did 'Fake' Jessica Simpson Derail Dallas?

Jerry S Simon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Shuman View Post

...you gotta admire Favre even if your not a Cheesehead.

Eric

Yeah, I really admire someone who takes a snap and lies down so someone can claim a *fake* sack record. Mark Gastineau and I have the same opinion of Favre.

Way to go New York Giants ...

GO MIAMI DOLPHINS!

Their 1972 PERFECT SEASON is still THE ONLY ONE!

(That's what I get for having lived in South Florida for 20 years. It's not that I was 'for' the NY Giants, it's just that I was for 'anybody but' the New England Patriots, starting from around 11-0 ... I was getting disappointed there at the end. )

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Unbelievable!!! Congrats to the G-men.

It's funny how human nature works..... I honestly went into the game without a favorite. The state did away with lottery sports betting so I truely had nobody to cheer for. But, I found myself going for the Giants..... I think just because nobody expected them to win.

Really, the thing I wanted most to see was Belachek speaking after the loss.... that was priceless.

Richard Rushing Guest

XLI-- Philly
    XLII-- NY Giants
    2007-- Dallas won the Division and the Redskins also went to the playoffs... And making alot of noise at the end of the year was Philly.

Seems to me that the NFC East is, without question, the best division in football.

That NY Giant team is going to be around for a while and only goning to get better. Since they are part of the beasts of the East, I couldn't help but pull for them. If Dallas, Philly or Washington couldn't get there, it was only fitting that we pull for the 'East' representative.

Way to go G-Men. Gongrats....

Richard Stanley Guest

19 - oh oh!!

What a game!
    As a youngster living in Massachusetts I was a New York Football Giants (as Howard Cosell called the team) fan, because of course there was no New England Patriots. Anyone remember Y.A. Tittle, Rosie Grier and Frank Gifford? Yes, I'm getting old.
    Anyway, I decided I was going to revert to my childhood and root for the Giants, and I'm so glad I did!
    By the way, I challenge anyone to come up with a stranger group to have seen the game with. I was with my wife (not the strange part - she is a big sports fan), visiting her ex (that's right) mother-in-law, in north Jersey at a sort of old-folks-home. The other revelers were all, I would guess, in their eighties, and almost all women. There were a lot of comments like "Whose ball is it now?!", and "oh my!" and "oh dear!", etc.
    Actually it was a lot of fun.

That game proved again the defense wins games and the Giant's line didn't give Brady any time to even look for his secondary receiver.
    Glad the Giants won, I'm always for the underdog, especially when I see a team with a cretin for a coach!
    Lifetime 49er fan.

Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Stanley View Post
    19 - oh oh!!
    You mean 18 - oh oh!! ????

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    You mean 18 - oh oh!! ????
    One of the local headlines here was
    18- No, no, no!

Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
    One of the local headlines here was
    18- No, no, no!
    Here, the headline was 18 And Oh no!

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Here, the headline was 18 And Oh no!

Bet That's not all the Bookies are Saying!!!

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Richard Rushing Guest

Way to go New York Giants ...

GO MIAMI DOLPHINS!

Their 1972 PERFECT SEASON is still THE ONLY ONE!

(That's what I get for having lived in South Florida for 20 years. It's not that I was 'for' the NY Giants, it's just that I was for 'anybody but' the New England Patriots, starting from around 11-0 ... I was getting disappointed there at the end. )
    Maybe so (still the only one)... but that 1972 Dolphins team would have gotten beat by every team in the playoffs this year. The difference in the talent level between the 1972 teams and the teams of 2007 is like night and day...

To hear the assanine statements that were made time and time again by Mercury Morris just made me want the Pats to win. But then again, I rooted for the Giants caus'en dem ole boyz wus from the NFC-EAST.

Best team ever: 2007 Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rushing View Post
    Maybe so (still the only one)... but that 1972 Dolphins team would have gotten beat by every team in the playoffs this year. The difference in the talent level between the 1972 teams and the teams of 2007 is like night and day...
    No one is doubting that, but ...

... you have to compare the those old teams against those they played against.

Best team ever: 2007 Patriots
    Same can be said in 35 years of the teams of today ... 'Yeah they were good ... back then, but those 18-1 Patriots would not win a single game nowadays.'

EVERYTHING in sports has improved, which is why records keep getting broken. People who participate in professional sports keep getting faster, stronger, and they learn what others are doing and create something new to do better.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Just you wait and see, Jessica will (I mean the Cowboys) be back next year ready to kick some arse.