Default Re: mystery current - interesting read

Very interesting, I am surprised by the high amperage. I would have expected a high voltage with little amperage.
    Also, the .5 amps end result seems high for an "allowed" (not really stated as such) end result.
    Outside the normal HI realm, but still very interesting; and hey, you never know what you might come across in this business.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Maybe I''ll start carrying around a loop of copper conductor with my clamp ammeter around it when there's big transmission lines nearby.
    It'll look like I'm doing some kind of high-tech dowsing. How much extra should I charge?

Controversy has always been around power lines as mentioned.

The first home I ever lived in was directly across the street from the Dallas power and light lines.

It was a joke in the neighborhood that those lines caused martial problems and aggression in children. Supposedly rumor was it was related to the "electromagnetic field" around the lines.

Everyone across the street that homes backed up to these power lines all divorced within 2 years of moving in the homes and had problems with their kids, yet not one person on our side of the street had any problems as such.

I can remember my neighbors always saying that they could hear a high pitch type noise at their homes while out in the yard or at night.

rick

So, conceivably you could put a loop in your backyard and generate electricity for your personal use? Cool! Too bad your kids end up in Juvenile detention and your wife runs off with the mailman for it.