Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Making An Impression

Just after Christmas, I inspected a property that was "completely rehabbed", or so I was told. It was the typical rehab debacle with crap work out the wazoo. The owners of the property who had done the work were hanging over my shoulder listening to every slam I threw out about the 1st grade quality workmanship. They would alternate between talking in English and then morph into a different language when they laughed at something I said and wanted to talk crap about me. In any event, I had told my clients about 30 minutes into the inspection that they could bail on the rest of the inspection at any point and I would discount the fee as things were atrocious from the get-go. Well the clients shortly took me up on the offer and called it quits. The sellers got disgusted and one of them marched upstairs from the basement yelling and getting progressivly louder. I really started to get nervous because I didn't know what they might do or try. I was never so happy to get out of a house and I was looking over my shoulder the entire time, even as I was driving away.

Fast forward to today and I'm doing another inspection for the same clients. I brought up how crazy the sellers were at the other inspection and how nervous they made me. The buyers' realtor (whose house I inspected 2 years ago and referred me to these clients) told me "you should have heard what they said about you". Turns out the sellers were so pissed that they went as far as to tell their listing agent that they saw me doing drugs during the inspection.

Now that is really pissing somebody off. I must be doing something right. .