Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default TIMBERRRRRRR!!!!!!

In 16 years of performing home inspections, I've seen my share of things. February 25th a couple weeks ago was a first.

We were having a day of very high winds here in SE Pennsylvania. While at my inspection that morning, I looked at a huge pine tree in the rear yard and thought "man, that sucker is big". About 1.5 hours into the inspection for the couple, the husband is with me in the lower level laundry room and his wife is the next floor up, a short run of steps up to the kitchen/dining room. Out of nowhere, there is an enormous ungodly crash and the entire house shook. The wife yelled "A TREE JUST FELL ON THE HOUSE". She saw it start to come down through the rear dining room window and ran out of the room. It was the same tree I referenced earlier. Looking at the trunk, it had a lot of rot where the break occurred.

Luckily, nobody was hurt. The woman fortunately saw the tree starting to fall so she had time to run into another room. And 1 hour or so before this happened, I was standing on the roof.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1
    "It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Default Re: TIMBERRRRRRR!!!!!!

Wow Nick!

Did the homeowner come home and demand to know what you had done? "It was fine before you got here."

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    Wow Nick!

Did the homeowner come home and demand to know what you had done? "It was fine before you got here."

You know for a split second, I thought "Oh God please don't let it be because of something I did".

Luckily the homeowner now lives in North Carolina and didn't get to come home to this annihilation.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

That'll buff right out..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    In 16 years of performing home inspections, I've seen my share of things. February 25th a couple weeks ago was a first.

We were having a day of very high winds here in SE Pennsylvania. While at my inspection that morning, I looked at a huge pine tree in the rear yard and thought "man, that sucker is big". About 1.5 hours into the inspection for the couple, the husband is with me in the lower level laundry room and his wife is the next floor up, a short run of steps up to the kitchen/dining room. Out of nowhere, there is an enormous ungodly crash and the entire house shook. The wife yelled "A TREE JUST FELL ON THE HOUSE". She saw it start to come down through the rear dining room window and ran out of the room. It was the same tree I referenced earlier. Looking at the trunk, it had a lot of rot where the break occurred.

Luckily, nobody was hurt. The woman fortunately saw the tree starting to fall so she had time to run into another room. And 1 hour or so before this happened, I was standing on the roof.

Tim Kaiser, Nitty Gritty Inspections, LLC
    Home and small commercial inspections for Central Oregon
    http://nittygrittyinspections.com/index.html

Did the agent replace the sign out front with one which said "Fixer Upper"?

I can see the new for sale ad wording: Open and airy fixer upper.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    Wow Nick!

OMG.... right?