Default Okay, do you or don't you ... ?

After using the restroom, do you or don't you wash your hands at this sink?

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral
    Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Default Re: Okay, do you or don't you ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    After using the restroom, do you or don't you wash your hands at this sink?
    I would smell it first.

I know, Jerry. Smelling it will do no good whatsoever. But, it would make me feel better. And, that's what really counts.

I do a couple of OCD things. For instance, I press the "stop" button on the microwave oven before I open the door. In my head, I imagine microwaves lurking around just inside (probably wearing trench-coats and fedoras) waiting for me to open the door ready to bathe me in radiation. Intellectually, I know the magnetron will cut-out and that I cannot possibly open the door faster than the speed of light.

So, I would smell the water before I dared wash my hands.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Gunnar,

At least they provided sanitary soap in a bottle the help with whatever may be in the water.

I ran the water, no smell, nice and clear looking, so what's the worst that could happen?

I'm still alive and don't have any noticeable effects from it ... but this is coming from a guy who would reach in and snatch those trench coat, fedora wearing, waves and expose them to the light of day.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Gunnar,

At least they provided sanitary soap in a bottle the help with whatever may be in the water.

I ran the water, no smell, nice and clear looking, so what's the worst that could happen?

I'm still alive and don't have any noticeable effects from it ... but this is coming from a guy who would reach in and snatch those trench coat, fedora wearing, waves and expose them to the light of day.
    Well, unless I were wearing rubber gloves, I would have already picked up billions of bacteria and (germs) by using the door and toilet handles.

So, yeah I would use that water and soap then a paper towel over the doorknob or handle when I opened the door to exit. Then I would immediatly use the hand sanitizer I keep in my vehicle for situations like that.