Default New Construction - Whoops!

Who says there are no problems with new construction?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance
    Ken Amelin
    Cape Cod's Best Inspection Services
    www.midcapehomeinspection.com

Default Re: New Construction - Whoops!

I seem to recall that photo from several years ago, posted to show the driveway/garage construction.
    I bet many civilians wouldn't notice the issue when looking at the picture.

My guess is that is not an error, but destined to be a model home. Model homes often do not put the driveways in so the front looks nice and pretty. The driveway goes in when the model sells.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    My guess is that is not an error, but destined to be a model home. Model homes often do not put the driveways in so the front looks nice and pretty. The driveway goes in when the model sells.
    If that was a model home, I would have expected to see French doors and side lites instead of the garage door, or, French doors where the windows are.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

There's no curb cut out where the driveway would be either, but, yes, that can be done later.

It is also possible that the garage door was originally drawn at the front, but was supposed to be moved to the side, but that never happened during construction and that it wasn't noticed until the driveway was laid out.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    There's no curb cut out where the driveway would be either, but, yes, that can be done later.

It is also possible that the garage door was originally drawn at the front, but was supposed to be moved to the side, but that never happened during construction and that it wasn't noticed until the driveway was laid out.
    Here they started putting in the ?as configured? garage door about 10 years ago. The wanted people to enter and exit through the front door and not be distracted by a garage entry nor aesthetically confused.Now if there is no curb cut anywhere for the pad ( which could always be added) that might have been a miscommunication.

Isn't that the electric meter next to the second window? That would be a pain to move if the door comes in the side.