Default Old gas shut off

Is there a way to update with gas shut off and polit line?
    The gas guy inspected the gas for leaking before turn on gas I bought a house.

Can you help me a better idea to update it?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Cool Re: Old gas shut off

Quote Originally Posted by James G View Post
    Is there a way to update with gas shut off and polit line?
    The gas guy inspected the gas for leaking before turn on gas I bought a house.

Can you help me a better idea to update it?
    The shutoff Barry posted is what you want for the problem stated. It is what I use on all my installs, not or a pilot tapping but providing a 1/8 NPT tapping for a means of attaching my manometer to check gas pressures. The tap goes downstream of the shutoff. This will require shutting off the meter to pipe it in most cases. When the situation is right, I'll do a 'hot tap' switching shutoffs and release about as much gas as the de minimis release usually encountered when purging the air out of new gas piping.

My question is, why are you keeping a dinosaur appliance that relies on a separate pilot tapping? Those old 90% shutoff valves are not safe by today's standards not to mention the poor efficiency not to mention the heat exchanger is probably about shot not to mention they require a huge flue relative to the input rating.

I'd replace the gas cock and the heater with it. Just sayin'

Keep the fire in the fireplace.

Default Re: Old gas shut off

It is 3/4 x 3/4 with 1/8 in tap.

I found almost similar.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thermac-Gas...-/222656462082

Default Re: Old gas shut off

Either you have taken it out or your car uses this (doubt it)

The best advice you should take - is Hire a pro who has the proper license and insurance (you want a copy of both to keep on line or a safe deposit box). So why - it's not hard to screw a few pipes together - well leaks happen and if your house goes up you have all ready made a public record of your work hear and most likely other places so your insurance will not pay off (this is why you want a copy of the plumbers license and insurance along with the bill) keep them not at your home but on line on a cloud or a safe deposit box - even make a deal with your brother or sister to keep documents at each others homes - the stuff you need when your house burns down.

I have done hundreds of propane installs and yes the work is easy - but it's having the experience of knowing when something isn't quite right - and insurance in case something does go wrong (never happened to me but...)

Gas is a tricky thing - I live in Massachusetts where just last fall a small gas distributor over pressurized their gas lines and set four dozen homes on fire (these were people with experience too) killed one person and put tens of thousends of people out of their homes as winter was approaching - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merrim...gas_explosions

So Take a lesson and do it right - Hire a pro