I'm going to post that at NACHI.

www.1stproinspection.com

Certified Master Inspector
    Like Us On Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/1stproinspection/

Default Re: Aging electrical equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Lewis View Post
    I'm going to post that at NACHI.
    #Gosh ... I thought you said that nothing from this site was worth anything?

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I never said that ! I said you weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    #Gosh ... I thought you said that nothing from this site was worth anything?

www.1stproinspection.com

Like Us On Facebook

I never said that ! I said you weren't.
    And I posted that here ... if you don't see the contradiction in what you are saying ... you must be doing a belly slither under that bar you keep lowering.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Even a blind squirrel can find an acorn every once in a while...

And I posted that here ... if you don't see the contradiction in what you are saying ... you must be doing a belly slither under that bar you keep lowering.

www.1stproinspection.com

Like Us On Facebook

From Mike Holt:

https://www.mikeholt.com/newsletters...&letterID=2065

see the links in his newsletter.
    Great info. I talk to electrician all the time wondering about this. Dont think realtors want us terrifying their clients......ugh dilemmas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Turner View Post
    Dont think realtors want us terrifying their clients...
    Is "terrifying" the correct word? I would think "educating" would apply better.

I also noticed that you said "want us terrifying their clients" ... seems to me that you would be working with. and for, YOUR clients.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Is "terrifying" the correct word? I would think "educating" would apply better.

I also noticed that you said "want us terrifying their clients" ... seems to me that you would be working with. and for, YOUR clients.

Really dude.

I left the facebook groups exactly because of people like you and the negative comments they feel they must inform all of. Thank goodness you are around to explain what I mean, and how I should be.

This is called shooting the sh!@t and sorry you can't read the inflection in the text like others are able to. Trying to assume the best in people is difficult when you spend your time looking for ways to critique others.

Take care

Really dude.
    Kyle,

If you've been a lurker here (which is not a derogatory term, explaining that before you freak out over that- a lurker is someone who reads but doesn't post) you would immediately understand why I said that.

If you are a newbie here (also not a derogatory term - means you just came upon this site and then joined), you will find a LOT of straightforward answers and information here, meaning that you may need a thick skin for information which you don't agree with.

No thick skin? Your feelings may get hurt often here as the majority here recognize that home inspectors need accurate information, not hugs and attaboys to make one feel good about misinformation.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Yep! Kyle
    He is like that . He thinks he is a god.

Really dude.

I left the facebook groups exactly because of people like you and the negative comments they feel they must inform all of. Thank goodness you are around to explain what I mean, and how I should be.

This is called shooting the sh!@t and sorry you can't read the inflection in the text like others are able to. Trying to assume the best in people is difficult when you spend your time looking for ways to critique others.

Take care

www.1stproinspection.com

Like Us On Facebook

Yep! Kyle
    He is like that . He thinks he is a god.
    Roy, quite incorrect, but that seems to have become a recent choice you made ... go back and review your posts - it's almost like someone flipped a switch and you began posting aggressive negative posts.

Or did you always post that way and it just got far enough off the wall for me to see It? I think it's a recent change - correct me if I'm wrong.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

The negative post are only towards you and no one else.
    You caused it when you posted my home address and the rest of my information. And I feel that wasn't called for.
    I consider that a personal attack and I will never forget it.
    You attacked me when I said I didn't believe you charge $4000 for 2500 sf homes. And I still don't believe it.
    Even the new member Kyle senses your aggression...
    So! Who is it? You or I that has changed?

Roy, quite incorrect, but that seems to have become a recent choice you made ... go back and review your posts - it's almost like someone flipped a switch and you began posting aggressive negative posts.

Or did you always post that way and it just got far enough off the wall for me to see It? I think it's a recent change - correct me if I'm wrong.

www.1stproinspection.com

Like Us On Facebook

The negative post are only towards you and no one else.
    You caused it when you posted my home address and the rest of my information. And I feel that wasn't called for.
    Roy,

Your negative posts preceded that.

And, as you know, what I posted was the PUBLIC information YOU show for your Florida license.

As you also know, I went back and removed the information show WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE IF ... if YOU ... had elected to keep the information private (and even doing that does not make all the information private - which YOU showed when you posted my information ... to which I did not object as I am not embarrassed by my Florida licenses ... is that your issue?)

Have you even yet contacted the Florida DPBR to find out how to make the information private? Or have you still 'not had time' to do that (because you would rather post here than contact them?).

Roy, go back and read your posts, your negativity started before you are admitting to.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Why don't you just shut up for a while..
    You've got to be a transplanted yankee..

Roy,

Your negative posts preceded that.

And, as you know, what I posted was the PUBLIC information YOU show for your Florida license.

As you also know, I went back and removed the information show WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE IF ... if YOU ... had elected to keep the information private (and even doing that does not make all the information private - which YOU showed when you posted my information ... to which I did not object as I am not embarrassed by my Florida licenses ... is that your issue?)

Have you even yet contacted the Florida DPBR to find out how to make the information private? Or have you still 'not had time' to do that (because you would rather post here than contact them?).

Roy, go back and read your posts, your negativity started before you are admitting to.

www.1stproinspection.com

Like Us On Facebook

Good advice for you to follow.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I hate to join this fray, but honestly, you should really give it a rest already, all this childish nonsense.

There is an incredible amount of good information here. There are also "personalities" here.

One thing people need to be able to do to is determine who knows their stuff and be able to ignore the banter that sometimes comes with the information. Maybe it shouldn't be that way, but it is, and apparently worth it to the folks who hang around for a long time and continue to get answers to their questions.

People should be aware of the fact that if they feel the need to apply an imaginary ruler to a body part to get a point across here that the discussion WILL GO SOUTH. My advice would be to stick to the inspection/general information questions at hand. I'll guarantee they won't like what happens otherwise.

Occam's eraser: The philosophical principle that even the simplest solution is bound to have something wrong with it.

This bantering/rancor is one major reason that so many long time site members have chosen to leave and those that haven't left just don't return. Then there are those who look in from time to time and see what a few have done to maintain them from any desire to participate and exchange knowledge.

Sad state of affairs.

This what the n_ _ _ i site and it's members have come to to be noted for as their perverted vision of professionalism.

Last edited by Garry Sorrells; 09-11-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    This bantering/rancor is one major reason that so many long time site members have chosen to leave and those that haven't left just don't return. Then there are those who look in from time to time and see what a few have done to maintain them from any desire to participate and exchange knowledge.

Sad state of affairs.

This what the n_ _ _ i site and it's members have come to to be noted for as their perverted vision of professionalism.

Well put and agree. Seems to happen everywhere nowadays. I was hoping this would be a better than the social media sites I've been on BUT my very first post I'm a target. Just not something I envisioned when I was growing up that I'd have to deal with.

Well put and agree. Seems to happen everywhere nowadays. I was hoping this would be a better than the social media sites I've been on BUT my very first post I'm a target. Just not something I envisioned when I was growing up that I'd have to deal with.
    Welcome to the forums Kyle. Thanks for the SEO information you posted elsewhere here.

I didn't read Jerry's comments as a targeting you, but he can be pretty blunt in "encouraging" people to use language accurately and concisely. The lessons I gained from him in this regard (a decade ago) have served me well. Could he have done it differently...of course. Is he wrong...not really. Is he going to change...probably not. But there is a lot of wisdom to be gained here.

Again, welcome.

Egbert Jager
    Diamond Home Inspection
    http://www.diamondhomeinspection.ca

One thing that I have found about home inspectors is that we have opinions.

All of us.

And, we don't always agree.

I have known Jerry for quite a few years (online mostly, but we did meet once a number of years ago) and, while we do not always agree, he has always been respectful to me and vice/versa.

That said, for that (currently) one member who is truly ugly, I have her blocked.

But, as Egbert already indicated, there is a lot of good information here. It's just necessary to not take anything personally.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    One thing that I have found about home inspectors is that we have opinions..........
    I find that to many have inflated egos with a superiority complex. In fishings terms they are a puffer fish.

Sad that the thread degenerated into this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    I find that to many have inflated egos with a superiority complex. In fishings terms they are a puffer fish.

Sad that the thread degenerated into this discussion.
    May I add that I love this site because it is professional and accurate unlike the Sunday Comics on facebook. I would prefer if you are PO'd you PM the other person.