Thread: FS Fluke Ti200

Default FS Fluke Ti200

I am selling a barely used Fluke Ti200.

I have taken this on less than 10 inspections. The rest of the time it has stayed at home. My intent was to use it on new construction, but then I decided to stop doing new construction in favor of older existing houses, which I enjoy doing more-best business/quality of work day decision I have ever made. Since then Va has changed the licensing requirements to include a special license for new construction, which I am choosing to not get.

PRICE REDUCED to $2500

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Robert Foster; 01-08-2020 at 08:05 AM. Reason: price reduction
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: FS Fluke Ti200

This camera could still be useful on existing older homes. I'm just curious why you would not use it in that application. Do you care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by John Dirks Jr View Post
    This camera could still be useful on existing older homes. I'm just curious why you would not use it in that application. Do you care to elaborate?
    As I scale down my business to working half time, I lack the enthusiasm to expend more on site time actually using another tool and more importantly educating my agents and clients on the virtues of, and applicable perspective on, the energy information that using a thermal imaging camera regularly could impart.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm reducing the price to $3950.

Robert,

My recommendation would be to scale down the number of inspections as you scale down to part time ... not to scale down the quality of your inspections as your referral base is used to you doing what you did ... charge enough to make the enthusiasm effort something to look forward to ... while scaling down the number of times you are at different houses explaining it.

You have to make those decisions yourself, but you could kill your referral base by reducing the quality of your inspections ... then maybe even half time would not be needed (but there are better ways to achieve that same result).

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Robert,

My recommendation would be to scale down the number of inspections as you scale down to part time ... not to scale down the quality of your inspections as your referral base is used to you doing what you did ... charge enough to make the enthusiasm effort something to look forward to ... while scaling down the number of times you are at different houses explaining it.

You have to make those decisions yourself, but you could kill your referral base by reducing the quality of your inspections ... then maybe even half time would not be needed (but there are better ways to achieve that same result).
    Scaling down the number of inspections is exactly what I am doing-no more double inspection days for me.

As I stated in my first post I used the Thermal camera on less than 10 inspections, alluding to the fact that it never was incorporated into my standard operating procedure, so there's no scaling back on the quality of my inspections by my selling it. Thanks for the input though.

I've reduced the price to $3450, which is reflected in the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Foster View Post
    I've reduced the price to $3450, which is reflected in the original post.
    Afternoon, Robert.
    60 or 9 Hz?
    Good price either way.

Ti200
    200 X 150 resolution.
    LaserSharp? Auto Focus
    ≤ 0.075 ?C at 30 ?C
    8 standard and 8 Ultra Contrast pallets.
    60 Sec Annotations.

I use a Ti300 60Hz. I also have a Ti100 9hZ.

Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    Afternoon, Robert.
    60 or 9 Hz?
    Good price either way.

Ti200
    200 X 150 resolution.
    LaserSharp? Auto Focus
    ≤ 0.075 ?C at 30 ?C
    8 standard and 8 Ultra Contrast pallets.
    60 Sec Annotations.

I use a Ti300 60Hz. I also have a Ti100 9hZ.
    I'm not really sure and couldn't during a brief attempt figure out that specification. How would I ascertain that ?

What was a "good price" just became a great price with a $500 price drop to $2950

New year, new lower price at $2500 ... buyer pays shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Foster View Post
    I'm not really sure and couldn't during a brief attempt figure out that specification. How would I ascertain that ?

What was a "good price" just became a great price with a $500 price drop to $2950
    The price you posted appears to be a good price but I an not interested.

Hz is the refresh rate. How fast it takes the software to focus and analyse the objects temperature.
    In the camera's menu, look for information.
    Open the software. Scroll to settings. Then advanced. Scroll to Imager Info. Version. You will find the S/N, First set of numbers are the model then Refresh Rate.

Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”