Default Settling or foundation issues?

Hello! My house was built in 1995 in Tucson, AZ and I have hairline cracks around doors and windows, mostly the first floor. Also nail pops along walls and ceiling and the framing around some windows (Behind the drywall) has caused cracks exactly along the piece of wood that borders the window frame. Some horizontal cracking in drywall as well where horizontal framing is. I have photos but am not sure how to add them. I can?t find any significant cracks in the outside foundation. The stucco on exterior also has similar cracking. Could this be normal settling or definitely something more serious? Thanks!

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Settling or foundation issues?

Some amount of cracking is normal and a 1995 house certainly isn't new. What did the inspector say in the report when it was bought/built? How long have the cracks been there?

Pictures are going to be required to make an assessment at a distance. Take shots encompassing the whole of each wall, the areas where the cracking is occurring and then much closer up. Floor plan would be helpful....

Egbert Jager
    Diamond Home Inspection
    http://www.diamondhomeinspection.ca

Default Re: Settling or foundation issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Leatrice ciaravella View Post
    Hello! My house was built in 1995 in Tucson, AZ and I have hairline cracks around doors and windows, mostly the first floor. Also nail pops along walls and ceiling and the framing around some windows (Behind the drywall) has caused cracks exactly along the piece of wood that borders the window frame. Some horizontal cracking in drywall as well where horizontal framing is. I have photos but am not sure how to add them. I can?t find any significant cracks in the outside foundation. The stucco on exterior also has similar cracking. Could this be normal settling or definitely something more serious? Thanks!
    In addition to Egbert's request:

Basic wall construction of the house (wood frame, concrete block) would be helpful as well as if you know if you have expansive soils.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/