Default Idaho Elite Inspection Team - Diverting Shower Valves

Most home with a tub/shower combo have what is called a Diverting Shower Valve. If you?ve never had a problem with them, you wouldn?t hardly know it exists, but when your shower doesn?t work when you need it, you might not get your daily cleanse when you most need it! Here are the top 3 problems we find with diverting shower valves.

They Don?t divert at all!
    This is the most problematic and frustrating for bathers. The knob goes up and down (or in and out), but something on the inside of the fixture isn?t sealing to divert the water flow to the shower head. In this case, it usually means replacing the valve or the washer in the valve to allow for a good seal.
    Partial Seal of Diverting Valve.
    This scenario diverts some of the water up to the shower head, but still allows for the water to bypass the valve and exit through the spout. In some cases, this is still a workable situation, but other times it means for poor water pressure at the shower head. Again, this could be a bad seal in the valve and usually requires a minor report.
    Mechanical Failure.
    Sometimes the thing just breaks. Obviously, a broken valve will simply need repair. Sometimes they get stuck. If this is the case, hopefully it gets stuck in your preferred bathing method. Personally, I?m not much of a bath-taker.
    So there you have it! Don?t take your diverting valve for granted. And make sure you get a good home inspector to make sure yours is working!

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Hello Brandon Goff,

I'm Brian Hannigan and I am the creator of InspectionNews

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your visit here at InspectionNews and if there is anything I can help you with just let me know.

InspectionNews has many Member Benefits available to you. Some save you time, others save you money and some do both!

Make sure you view the list of Member Benefits at: http://www.InspectionNews.net/home_i...MemberBenefits

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

Smile Re: Idaho Elite Inspection Team - Diverting Shower Valves

Thankyou for sharing, Idaho Elite. Perhaps we are a bit more advanced here than you percieve us to be? Diverter problems have been basic common knowledge to most housewives, since the first days of them being installed in homes. There are only so many conditions that can happen with them.

The members here are professionals, most with many, many years of experience in this business. You will never capture their attention or gain respect by sharing homeowner info about shower diverter problems....just sayin.

Please take no offence with my comments, because none are intended. I welcome you and hope you enjoy it here.

Default Re: Idaho Elite Inspection Team - Diverting Shower Valves

Hi, Brandon.
    Looking forward to heading your posts.

Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”