Default Unknown Wall Penetration

This house is a new construction, these fixtures protrude through the brick veneer. There are no corresponding fixtures or hardware of any kind on the interior garage wall. The HVAC lines and drains are accounted for and there are no other lines/pipes etc. from the attic in this area.
    The fixtures are obviously damaged, but my question is does anyone know what their purpose is?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by David Lyons; 12-25-2019 at 11:26 AM.
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Unknown Wall Penetration

My only speculation would be for data or security cable entrances. Are they on the same wall or near the electric meter?

Quote Originally Posted by David Wigger View Post
    My only speculation would be for data or security cable entrances. Are they on the same wall or near the electric meter?
    They are on the opposite side of the house from the electric service, and there are data/security cables near the meter.

Quote Originally Posted by David Lyons View Post
    They are on the opposite side of the house from the electric service, and there are data/security cables near the meter.
    My guess (and totally a guess) is that someone other than the brick layer (not a mason) left something in the way when it was time to brick and the brick layer simply went around it rather than ask that it be removed. Sometimes these things are just a result of a pissing match between trades. if so, it is up to the GC to get the subs under control.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Possibly a planned input for a in-the-wall pest control system?

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

How old it the property ?, I get asked a lot what was this and that for on house 50+ years old. All I can do it basically tell them I have no idea and to ask the previous / current owner if they have any insight as mine would only be a guess.