Default HomeGauge isn't protection client's personal information

So I found out today that any inspector using HomeGauge dashboard for scheduling can access past client?s personal information FROM ANY OTHER INSPECTOR using HomeGauge dashboard for scheduling if they have the client?s email address. I found this out by misspelling an email address (while setting up an inspection) and up popped the personal info of some other inspector?s client in California. I pride myself on my protection of my client?s personal information and I do a lot of high profile clients. I had a talk with HomeGauge tech support and they didn?t seem too concerned about it. Please, if you utilize HomeGauge, please call or email and pressure them to fix this. Phone: 828-254-2030 support@homegauge.com

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1
    MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

Default Re: HomeGauge isn't protection client's personal information

I don't use Homegauge, but I have students ask me about it all the time.
    This one defect is the alarm bell ringing as for as I'm concerned. For users of Homegauge who are aware of this major defect, it seems prudent to consult their attorney about future use. If somehow-someway, a client was harmed by Homegauge's failure to secure their information and you, as their home inspector, knew about this problem; wouldn't Homegauge's responsibility extend to you for continuing to use their product after knowing about this defect?

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Default Re: HomeGauge isn't protection client's personal information

I'm not an attorney so I wouldn't know.

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com