Default New member - realtor alert! LOL

I'm a newly licensed realtor simply eager to observe and learn here from the pros so I can educate and better guide and advise my clients.

Happy to contribute my 2 cents if anyone ever wants perspectives from my side of the fence. I'm an older, wiser, seasoned RE consumer that's honestly tired of the drama and politics of housing transactions. Trying to learn and practice how to do it with transparency and integrity.

Having spent several years in the recent past doing homeowners' insurance "inspections" (I do understand it's a totally different activity from RE inspections), I've worked with claims adjusters, RE inspectors and appraisers and have such respect for the demands of the work. I highly value and respect the grit, dedication and value of honest, thorough and detail-oriented professionals in these professions.

Can't wait to keep learning!

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Hi Judy Rogers and welcome to InspectionNews!

I'm Brian Hannigan and I created InspectionNews.

I hope you find everything you are looking for on this site.

If I can help you in any way just let me know.

InspectionNews has many Member Benefits available to you. Some save you time, others save you money and some do both!

Make sure you view the list of Member Benefits at: http://www.InspectionNews.net/home_i...MemberBenefits

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

Default Re: New member - realtor alert! LOL

Welcome Judy,

I really hope you have a thick skin. If nothing else, home inspectors have... opinions... about many things, including real estate agents. A lot of information is available here, but thick skin is a necessity.

I for one, look forward to the agent's perspective.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Gunnar, my new friend, thanks for your gracious response. Having personally felt the strong desire to expend great negativity toward realtors (not limited to internet flaming and ammo) I decided to try to make a difference myself.

To me the inspection isn't an obstacle to a sale but a blessing preventing a bad sale - one that ends up in litigation, heartburn or a homeowner who can't make the new payment and the unforseen repair bills. The inspector needs to be seen as the best friend a buyer or seller (or agent) ever had.

If I can survive this forum, maybe I have a chance with my fellow agents as well.

Prayer is appreciated! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Rogers View Post
    The inspector needs to be seen as the best friend a buyer or seller (or agent) ever had.
    With that kind of thinking and philosophy, you should fit in well with the perspectives of good, thorough, and knowledgeable home inspectors.

Your wording is essentially the wording of my Yellow Page ads (remember those things?): "We are your best friend; their agent's worst nightmare." Simple and to the point.

"Back then" (even today to a lesser degree) "their agent" was almost always a 'you don't need a home inspection, that just causes problems' type of agent.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Jerry, thanks so much for your kind response. I hope to be a quiet student of what you all are doing here (and in the field in my neck of the woods). When I do speak up, I want to be positive, honest, and looking for the truth in any situation letting the "good" or "bad" as well as financial "gain" or "loss" fall where it may.

Hi Judy Rogers. Welcome to InspectionNews!

Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

Thanks Robert!