Default Bonding on manufactured home

When checking for bond wire I look inside the panel (in the home) for the bond wire running down to the underside of the home but when under the home I don't see where it is actually connected to the frame. Questions: First; where is this bond wire usually connected to the frame and is it visible or above the underpinning? Second; where would I find the jumper to the second unit such as on a doublewide? Third; Is there a way to check that the bond wire(s) are actually properly connected as needed if I can't actually see the connection? Fouth; what size should the bond wire be; I think a # 8 but not sure. Fifth; Is the something that I am required to check in the SOPs? Thanks, Mark

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Bonding on manufactured home

Quote Originally Posted by mark petty View Post
    When checking for bond wire I look inside the panel (in the home) for the bond wire running down to the underside of the home but when under the home I don't see where it is actually connected to the frame. Questions: First; where is this bond wire usually connected to the frame and is it visible or above the underpinning?
    Manufacturers are going to be pretty stingy with wire, so the frame connection is typically as close to the panel as possible. I often do not find the bond connection. It might be above the bottom board/closure material. If you want to know for certain where they attach the bond, best bet would be to contact a manufacturer.

Second; where would I find the jumper to the second unit such as on a doublewide?
    I am not entirely sure that a jumper is necessarily going to be present. The paired chassis are typically bolted together, which would make the bond.

Third; Is there a way to check that the bond wire(s) are actually properly connected as needed if I can't actually see the connection?
    I do not know of any.

Fouth; what size should the bond wire be; I think a # 8 but not sure.
    I can't remember for sure, but I thought it was #6.

Fifth; Is the something that I am required to check in the SOPs? Thanks, Mark
    I don't know Florida's SOPs. If you don't see the bond connection, best bet might be to state that it was not found.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Default Re: Bonding on manufactured home

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    Manufacturers are going to be pretty stingy with wire, so the frame connection is typically as close to the panel as possible. I often do not find the bond connection. It might be above the bottom board/closure material. If you want to know for certain where they attach the bond, best bet would be to contact a manufacturer.

I am not entirely sure that a jumper is necessarily going to be present. The paired chassis are typically bolted together, which would make the bond.

I do not know of any.

I can't remember for sure, but I thought it was #6.

I don't know Florida's SOPs. If you don't see the bond connection, best bet might be to state that it was not found.
    Thanks Gunnar for the reply; I've just completed a narrative that explains it.