Default Article: 6 Strategies to Succeed When Business is Slow

Hi, InspectionNews Readers!

As you all know, the current environment has changed how home inspectors have been conducting business. Many inspectors have voiced their concern about what this time will mean for their businesses.

Well, we have some answers for you. While these tips aren't a cure-all, hopefully some of them can enable you to still have business coming in and improve your company.

Enjoy!

--------

Every business experiences highs and lows. Your home inspection business is no exception?especially if you've built it from the ground up on your own. The lows can be daunting, but they don't have to be a stumbling block to your success. There are steps you can take to not only mitigate potential losses and keep profits coming in, but also to improve your business so you can come back stronger than ever when business picks back up.

We give you 6 valuable strategies for when business is slow.

Get talking.
    When business starts to lag, it's important to reach out to as many people as possible. One big way to do this is by getting in touch with previous clients. MBO Partners, an online talent acquisition platform for independent businesses, recommends personalizing emails and calls to past clients. They suggest following up with previous projects you've completed for these clients and asking if they're in need of other projects you can do for them. If they aren't in need of your services currently, you can suggest performing an inspection at a later date, particularly when it comes to annual inspections.

Even if you don't book an inspection from these interactions, the personalized contact is a great reminder to your clients of your excellent service, which can then translate into referrals. Word of mouth can be a significant factor in your success during slow business periods.

Another way to drum up business is to network. Whether it's with realtors, experts you refer clients to, or with your peers, networking can help you create new leads. Or, at the very least, it revitalizes relationships that are beneficial to both you and your business.

Get social.
    While social media platforms and new technology can be daunting, delving further into these resources when business is slow will give you a significant edge over competitors. It may be an undertaking that takes you out of your comfort zone, but the more user-friendly and easy-to-access you can make the way your clients contact you, the less obstacles you have to scheduling inspections.

If you have a website, take steps to make it easier to use. Don't have a website? Create one. If you have social media accounts, update them and be active on them. Don't have social media accounts? Create them. Building your online presence broadens your business' exposure and can help you reach completely new leads.

According to Outbound Engine, a software company for marketing and referrals, 86% of consumers prefer to be contacted via email by businesses. With more time on your hands in slow seasons, you can update your emails lists and send out a strong campaign.

[READ MORE]

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Aubri Devashrayee; 04-06-2020 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Changed em dashes and apostrophes from question marks.
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Article: 6 Strategies to Succeed When Business is Slow

I've read your article with pleasure. Being a persn with technical mind I would like to add also to keep high attention to the instruments and tools you have teh access nowadays that cna help you to boost your business. You can use diffenret softeware adn CRMs such as Salesforce that it is better to customize with salesforce customization service that will help you to cover and automate diffenret processes to have more time for thionking about new features and scale your business.

Default Re: Article: 6 Strategies to Succeed When Business is Slow

Quote Originally Posted by michaelcparkers View Post
    I've read your article with pleasure. Being a persn with technical mind I would like to add also to keep high attention to the instruments and tools you have teh access nowadays that cna help you to boost your business. You can use diffenret softeware adn CRMs such as Salesforce that it is better to customize with salesforce customization service that will help you to cover and automate diffenret processes to have more time for thionking about new features and scale your business.
    Glad you enjoyed the article! That's great advice!

Default Thanks for this Very Informative & Helpful Information

Thanks so much Aubri! This information is very helpful for me especially during this time of slow business for me as well as most of the country. This is a time where people like me starting new business is hard as well as slow. I have a client over at CC Home Inspections who needs all the help they can get you made it interesting and informative. You inspired me to take more incentive in growing my business. "Getting Social" as you said is something that I an do and I believe it will help me move forward. Streamlining my time as well as perfecting my daily and weekly routines is something that I hope can help me be more effective as well.
    Thank Again,

Default Re: Thanks for this Very Informative & Helpful Information

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Ivy View Post
    Thanks so much Aubri! This information is very helpful for me especially during this time of slow business for me as well as most of the country. This is a time where people like me starting new business is hard as well as slow. I have a client over at CC Home Inspections who needs all the help they can get you made it interesting and informative. You inspired me to take more incentive in growing my business. "Getting Social" as you said is something that I an do and I believe it will help me move forward. Streamlining my time as well as perfecting my daily and weekly routines is something that I hope can help me be more effective as well.
    Thank Again,
    Michael, I'm glad that you found the article informative and helpful. Wishing you all the best during these trying times! Thanks for reading and commenting!