Default Wavy roof on brand new home construction

Hello, I am looking for advice regarding a new home I am having built in Magnolia, Delaware. The home has not yet received a certificate of occupancy but I am already taking concern in the roof. Literally can count what appears to be each truss. Before I bring up my concern with the builder, is there anything I should do to backup my concern?

Link to google drive containing full resolution picture

20201129_114230_3.jpg

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Alex Lawson; 11-30-2020 at 01:50 PM.
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Wavy roof on brand new home construction

If they are a typical Developer they will probably tell you to get lost so they can move on to a Buyer who doesn't ask questions.
    Beyond that, the roof should NOT look like that. Based on the picture ...
    - verify what type and thickness of plywood was used and what was supposed to be used per the approved Plans. You can verify what was used if you can get into the roof cavity and see the stamp on the plywood somewhere. You can verify what was supposed to be used per the approved Plans. Whether the builder or local building dept. will let you see them or not is another question.
    - plywood could have gotten wet or still been wet prior to installing the shingles
    - poor nailing or they could have run the sheets plywood vertically instead of horizontally
    If you can get into the roof cavity, that will likely tell you a lot of what you need to know in terms of whether to run or try to make a deal.
    If you want to buy a house from this developer, check into their other completed projects. See if you can find info about complaints, etc.
    Call some local inspectors to see if they have found major issues during inspections.
    Also consider going by the development later in the day after workers leave and walking some of the homes that are in progress. Does what you see instill confidence or make you worry about quality.
    Years ago we looked at an existing house next to a new development across the road. After lunch we walked over to look at the new construction houses to see what they were building. Exterior walls were 1/2" plywood, roofing substrate was 3/8" plywood if I remember right or some odd variation. The houses that had shingles and siding so far were all wavy.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

Seeing that kind of unprofessional construction details on a new home makes me wonder what else could be wrong.

Hard to say from one photo, as the anomaly can be more visible depending on the angle of the light striking the roof.

Gold key orientation/walkthrough is supposed to be on December 10th. Definitely going to try and examine the attic area but likely not beable to do much there since no ladder will be installed and there is no walkable floor I believe.