Default Double tapper AFCI questions

From what I understand, 2 circuit conductors can terminate twice on AFCI lighting circuit breakers.
    Question 1. Reasoning?

Question 2. If that is the case. When you run in to 2 lighting or other circuit conductors terminating under one neutral bus lug would/could/should a AFCI breaker be advised?

Looking forward to your answers.

Don't mean to go off thread, and I dearly beg your pardon ladies, but these ChicMe Women's Pajama Marking model images to the left of the forum sure are interesting. When those models legs meet in at the beginning they sure make an a-s-s of themselves. Just saying...

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by ROBERT YOUNG; 12-19-2020 at 09:19 AM.
    OREP Insurance
    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

Default Re: Double tapper AFCI questions

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post

Don't mean to go off thread, and I dearly beg your pardon ladies, but these ChicMe Women's Pajama Marking model images to the left of the forum sure are interesting. When those models legs meet in the they sure make an a-s-s of themselves. Just saying...
    Any ads you see on the screen are based on your local browsing history and the ad server (such as Google).

I have an ad blocker on my end, and I "see nothing", just blank space, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D'Agostino View Post
    Any ads you see on the screen are based on your local browsing history and the ad server (such as Google).

I have an ad blocker on my end, and I "see nothing", just blank space, so to speak.
    Thanks, Dom. Personally, I do not mind these ads. Easy on the eye.

From what I understand, 2 circuit conductors can terminate twice on AFCI lighting circuit breakers.
    Question 1. Reasoning?

Question 2. If that is the case. When you run in to 2 lighting or other circuit conductors terminating under one neutral bus lug would/could/should a AFCI breaker be advised?

Looking forward to your answers.

Don't mean to go off thread, and I dearly beg your pardon ladies, but these ChicMe Women's Pajama Marking model images to the left of the forum sure are interesting. When those models legs meet in at the beginning they sure make an a-s-s of themselves. Just saying...
    Robert,

I do not believe I understand your question. Could you rephrase it. Maybe provide a pic too?

If you are referring to the terminal on a circuit breaker (AFCI, GFCI, or otherwise), the number of conductors at the terminal is determined by the manufacturer. Most only allow one conductor.

The NEC specifically requires that only one neutral conductor be connected to each terminal on the grounded terminal block.

Thank you for the ChicMe referral. I will be enjoying my sidebar ads for a while now.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    Robert,

I do not believe I understand your question. Could you rephrase it. Maybe provide a pic too?

If you are referring to the terminal on a circuit breaker (AFCI, GFCI, or otherwise), the number of conductors at the terminal is determined by the manufacturer. Most only allow one conductor.

The NEC specifically requires that only one neutral conductor be connected to each terminal on the grounded terminal block.

Thank you for the ChicMe referral. I will be enjoying my sidebar ads for a while now.
    Sorry all. Poorly phrased question.

The opine was, lighting circuit cable temperature limitations and AFCI as protection.
    Observation: Lighting circuits. Partly updated circuits in older homes.
    Cables. MND-3 rated @ 60C and updated MND90 rated @ 90C.
    Would installing AFCI breakers on MND-3 lighting circuits cables protect that circuit from temperature overload from the demand of modern appliances?

As for AFCI circuit protection and double tapping. Poor hypotheses at my end. Sorry all.
    I found an PDF from EATON while browsing Google that answered my questions. Arc Fault Circuit Interrupters Frequently Asked Questions
    Moreover, the double tapping hypotheses I opined was, double tapped bus with 2 lighting circuit neutrals. Could a Combination AFCI breaker protect both circuits?

Regards.
    Robert

Last edited by ROBERT YOUNG; 12-20-2020 at 01:34 AM.

Sorry all. Poorly phrased question.

The opine was, lighting circuit cable temperature limitations and AFCI as protection.
    My understanding of opine is that is stating one's opinion, not asking a question, could be an ESOL thing?

Added with edit:
    And I... ne parle pas francais.

Last edited by Jerry Peck; 12-20-2020 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Added ne parle pas fran?ais part
    Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    My understanding of opine is that is stating one's opinion, not asking a question, could be an ESOL thing?

Added with edit:
    And I... ne parle pas francais.
    My mistake. Ponder.