Default Sewer Scope going through Toilet???

I had a realtor tell me that inspectors are now able to use a sewer scope through the toilet without removal. I did a quick Google Search and didn't find anything to confirm this. With fiber optics I think this is possible but at some point the lack of stiffness will work against you.

Anyone know of this?

//Rick

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance
    Rick Bunzel
    WWW.PacCrestInspections.com
    360-588-6956

Default Re: Sewer Scope going through Toilet???

Rick

That's news to me - my scoper says that could be really tough on the equipment and they would not do it.
    cvf

Sounds like another agent talking out of their you know what.
    Conceivably you could do it. My rigid see snake would probably go through the toilet. Not sure why I would want to do that though. Seems dumb and lazy.
    When people tell me odd stuff like that I either let it go or ask a follow up question. In this case something like, wow that's awesome you don't happen to have names or numbers for those guys I would love to give them business'. A questions like that usually makes their assertions fall apart.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

Quote Originally Posted by Markus Keller View Post
    When people tell me odd stuff like that I either let it go or ask a follow up question. In this case something like, wow that's awesome you don't happen to have names or numbers for those guys I would love to give them business'. A questions like that usually makes their assertions fall apart.
    Markus,

That is similar to what I would tell/ask contractors when they would said "Everyone else lets me do that" (or the "no one else makes me do that" variant) ... (me) "Really? That's great. I'll give them a call and find out what it is that they see in the code that I don't. What are some of their names?"

Never got any names of people to call.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com