Default Church Covered Patio Electrical

IM sure this is wrong but I wanted to check with some experts. This 100 Amp secondary distribution panel in outside on a covered patio, its wired with grounds and neutral on the same bus bar, wrong or not ? Commercial wiring make a difference ?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Church Covered Patio Electrical

It doesn't matter what type of building (i.e., church), or where it is mounted (i.e., covered porch), what matters is whether or not that is the "service equipment" for the structure.

From what I see, there is almost no likelihood that is the service equipment for that church ... but only you can answer that question.

If that is not the service equipment for that building, then the grounds and neutrals need to no be on the same terminal bar as the neutral needs to be isolated from ground at all locations after the service equipment.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Looks like a "good church member" install, and was too cheap, lazy, & ignorant, to buy a ground bar kit, not a place to be any of the three, at least they pulled all 4 conductors.

What size were the feeder conductors? That is a single phase panel & there are 3 circuits with only a single neutral, missing a handle tie for the MWBC, the extra hot can lead to a burned neutral, pretty much a heavily flawed install.

Last edited by Rollie Meyers; 02-07-2021 at 11:34 PM.

Maryland, DC, and Northern Virginia, electrical only

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    It doesn't matter what type of building (i.e., church), or where it is mounted (i.e., covered porch), what matters is whether or not that is the "service equipment" for the structure.

From what I see, there is almost no likelihood that is the service equipment for that church ...
    With no main bonding jumper or grounding electrode conductor