Lightbulb Purchasing Inspection Vehicle - Feedback Please

Hi, thinking of purchasing my first inspection only vehicle. A mini-van. Looking to have it wrapped and use it amongst myself and my other inspectors, till I can get another one.

For those of you who have done this, what are your thoughts? Purchase? Lease? Preferred make/model? Insurance?

Feedback would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance
    Tony Escamilla
    Villa Home Inspections

Default Re: Purchasing Inspection Vehicle - Feedback Please

Dave Ramsey is against leases, calls them fleeces.
    He also suggests paying cash for stuff.

While I was not able to pay cash for a vehicle then, I made sure to pay it off is less than a year. I hated to go into debt.
    Going into debt is never the best move, however, most people don't have the patience to wait. So try to find the lowest interest and best price you can, and pay it off quickly.

I'm on my 4th minivan. Love them for keeping everything dry and safe, and they ride great.
    I take out the middle and rear seats or fold them into the floor (Dodge Stow & Go) but they no longer make the Caravan, so I don't know what to suggest. The Pacifica looks expensive, but then, almost all vehicles are nowadays.

I'll be looking to replace mine next year, as it will be 8 years old, and I swap them out every 6-8 years before they need major repairs or leave me stranded some day.

I tried a lease years ago, got screwed because I believed the sales rep about the excess mileage being paid by the damage allowance (it isn't, so expensive lesson). So I purchase them and keep the term to 24 months as I hate car payments.

My daughter just rented a mini van (Nissan I think) yesterday for a move she's making. I was amazed at how well designed it was as far as the seats folding flat, and the size of the floor area. Its just a tad over 48" between the wheel wells and right at 96" to the back of the front seat. It just might fit a full sheet of plywood in there. Both side doors open for great access.
    Its been a long time since I have been around a mini van, so they have really changed (for me anyway).